Pickled Quail Eggs Recipe

Chick Charm

Songster
10 Years
This method is NOT tried and true. I have not put this concoction together before but I gave it a try today. I'll have to come back in about 10 days to 2 weeks to tell ya how they turned out.

1 cleaned out olive jar
20 quail eggs hard boiled
juice from a can of beets and a few beets themselves
2 tbs of pickling spice
1 cup water
2 cups vinegar
1/4 cup chopped onion
5 tbs of Louisiana Hot Sauce.

I am not sure I can wait until next weekend.

I use bantam eggs for this about 60 bantam eggs will do 3 full quart jars, they are SO yummy!!!

Yooper Style Pickled Eggs

Ingredients:
2 dozen hard boiled eggs (peeled)

4 cups vinegar
1 jar sliced jalapenos, including the juice
1 onion, chopped finely
1 cup water
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon salt

Directions:
Put peeled eggs in a large glass jar with a lid. Put remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and boil for 10 minutes. Pour over eggs and let steep in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 days. Serve eggs in a paper cupcake liner with Frank's Red Hot Sauce, black pepper and plenty of the jalapenos.

Um, no, not really! They are tart and sour with the vinegar, but can also be quite spicy depending on how you make them.
They don't taste like chicken
lol.png
or like hard boiled eggs.
If you have extra eggs, try a batch, and I'll bet you'll like them more than pickled pigs feet!

Well I think I will have to try peepinchickens recipe next week.

I couldn't wait any longer and tried a (only one mind you) quail egg this evening. I like the taste of pickled eggs, but I did not like how sweet the beets/juice made the egg taste. I like think the beets made it too sweet. I may just splash some salt on em to mask the sweetness when they are finished.

I don't like "sweet" tasting pickled eggs either, if you like more spicy eggs just add some fresh Jalapeno to the above recipe! They are very tasty, creamy yolk, and just right on the pickled taste!

Back
Top Bottom