pics of 7-wk-old pekin/mallard crosses

heres a pic of my Pekin/white crested I mentioned earlier.

These are her Parents
44401_broody_hen_007.jpg

hen is the Pekin, drake is the Crested

And this is her ( I think its a her anyways)

44401_broody_hen_005.jpg

Last edited:
PrinceSandwich, I don't think your coloured duckling came from your two white birds (Pekin x white crested). Is it possible that another drake (coloured) got in with the pekin duck, or eggs accidently mixed?

Our mallard hen hatched 19 babies last month, but these four were hatched in the incubator and we're very attached to them. I did a lot searching for photos of this cross on the internet, but couldn't find any so this is for anyone else who is curious. I was really surprised by the black ones! /img/smilies/smile.png

38104_june_10_002.jpg

38104_june_10_003.jpg

38104_june_10_001.jpg

I just hatched out 6 pekin/mallard ducks and 2 are black and white and the rest are just white. I have been trying to figure out why the 2 came out black & white. I will try to insert pictures. They are positively pekin/mallard because that's all I have.

Wow, we may have something to look forward too if we let any of ours hatch out any chicks later on down the road. Not sure what our mallards are right now, but we have 1 male and 1 female pekin, maybe 2 of each.

I just hatched out 6 pekin/mallard ducks and 2 are black and white and the rest are just white. I have been trying to figure out why the 2 came out black & white. I will try to insert pictures. They are positively pekin/mallard because that's all I have.

Well they sure are pretty!

VERY interesting! My sister has some young Pekins (2) and Mallards (3), and I told her I'd like to incubate some eggs when they are older if the sexes of the birds she has works out right. She has no idea at this point. I saw dark coming in on the one Mallard's chest and a greener bill, but she said they are all getting that color on their chests. I didn't see it, so who knows!

Hello! I just wanted to thank you for posting those pics of your hybrid ducklings--my male mallard died over the winter so my female mated with one of my pekins--I have been dying of curiosity to see what they would look like and was thrilled to find your pics! Those black mixes are really attractive--I'm so excited! I wanted to incubate the eggs but she had lain then in a hidden area of the coup behind the hay stack so she was already laying on them to hatch before I could even candle them. I hope they are fertile and I hope they hatch. I'll get back in touch with you (if that's ok) in about 2 weeks or so (again-not sure when she laid the eggs).

Thanx again!
Debbie

I hatched out some pekin/mallards this past february, still have two of them, the ones i have almost look like dark appleyards. They came out all colors though.

Back
Top Bottom