Pics of Orpington chicks please!!!

joletabey

SDWD!!!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
western NC
I have one little blue orpington chick with my bunch of Delawares. She looks very different in her wing set, and is a bit slower to develop than the Dels, and I would love to see pics of other orpington newborns or up to two weeks old so I can compare my baby- I love her to pieces!!! (I am assuming a girl - if I wish it hard enough, etc.)

17572_new_chicks_051.jpg

17572_new_chicks_026.jpg

17572_new_chicks_025.jpg

17572_new_chicks_024.jpg

Here are mine – I also have some Orps and Orp Xs being raised at the same time. The differences are amazing.

Here are some pics of the orps at 2 days old:
DSC_0820.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

DSC_0838.jpg

DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

Here they are at 13 days old:
DSC_0966.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

Two of the Orp Xs at 13 days
Orp Cochin
DSC_0976.jpg

Orp EE
DSC_0998.jpg

I also have some in the house. The splash is a hatchmate to the Orp group outside. The dark chick is a Orp/Cochin cross – hatchmate to the outside Orp/Cochin. The blue is an older Orp/EE cross who shares the broody with these two chicks.

Couple days old:
31162_dsc_0934.jpg

31162_dsc_0933.jpg

At 17 days:
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

My purchased eggs hatched Orpington chicks were slower to feather, and also have a distinct shape difference. So much difference that for awhile I wondered if I had “broke” them somehow – raising outside in too cold of temp – feed or something equally silly. Their shape is also different than my hatchery chicks that I raised earlier this year – all breeds have roughly the same shape and feathering age – Buff Orps, Delawares and EEs. The Orp cross chicks all have the same Orpington father (non Hatchery) but hatchery mothers.

Thank you so much, this helps a LOT!!!! My little blue is about right! Gosh these are pretty, pretty chicks! I am hoping she is a hen- I wouldn't mind finding her a hubby and a playmate next spring -

I do not have pictures but my orps feathered and matured at a lot slower rate than the delawares.Even at 2 months old there is a huge difference in development.I think the bbs orps are just a little slower getting started but they do grow to be huge.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom