Pics Showing Differences Between Spaldings and IBs

No and i do not believe Thore is a spalding either,she most defently looks like an IB not a spalding , i don't think they are related by both parents by any means.
I'm definitely thinking Thor's a Spalding Pied. What do you guys think?

I'm definitely thinking Thor's a Spalding Pied. What do you guys think?
I do not think your 2 younguns are fully related as in having the same parents, mabe half sisters, what color are her legs?

Last edited:

Legs look IB it's mostly the face that makes me think Spalding cause it's not round like the IB that I have. I just got to try and find some IB Pied chicks without Spalding blood. I hope he has a pure IB Pied pair that way I can get some IB Pied chicks without Spalding blood. If not I hope that the Spalding blood is just in his Pieds that way I can get some other chicks without Spalding blood and I will have to look somewhere else for IB Pied chicks. I don't know what I'm going to do. I want IB Pied and IB Purples for now.

I don't see a difference in the head shape, i do not believe my pied hen has green blood but who knows for sure unless you get a blood test done, so it really don't much matter unless you are breeding for a pedigree IMO

I just like IB better. Not entirely sure why. Also isn't Thor's colorations a little funky for a male or female. Thor doesn't seem like a normal hen or normal male. When you look at Thor and Calypso's heads side by side they seem to have somewhat of a similar head.
He didn't go blind he's just blinking or something. See how round his head is you could probably draw a red circle and it would fit almost perfectly.

I know Jadea's head isn't as round but you can still see it's pretty circular just not as fluffy as Colbolt's

Not as round as Jadea's, Thor and Calypso's heads seem more triangular then round

You can see the definite triangle face on Calypso. Could be just the way I'm looking at Thor.

I just like IB better. Not entirely sure why. Also isn't Thor's colorations a little funky for a male or female. Thor doesn't seem like a normal hen or normal male. When you look at Thor and Calypso's heads side by side they seem to have somewhat of a similar head.
He didn't go blind he's just blinking or something. See how round his head is you could probably draw a red circle and it would fit almost perfectly.

I know Jadea's head isn't as round but you can still see it's pretty circular just not as fluffy as Colbolt's

Not as round as Jadea's, Thor and Calypso's heads seem more triangular then round

You can see the definite triangle face on Calypso. Could be just the way I'm looking at Thor.

Wow, Calypso's crest is really showing the spalding isn't it. Very tight and forward tilting. Does Thor have any crest feathers growing back in yet? I'm wondering if Thor's crest would look IB or spalding.

Only one crest feather but it's kind of weird coloring it's mix the tip is white with green scattered and brown. I don't know he's kind of the Omega the lowest on the totem pole.

Last edited:
So while at the feedstore I noticed one of their hens has that brownish colored chest and last year they had a male that looked way more green than he should have. I'll try to get some pictures next time I'm there and see what you guys and gals think.

-Kathy

So while at the feedstore I noticed one of their hens has that brownish colored chest and last year they had a male that looked way more green than he should have. I'll try to get some pictures next time I'm there and see what you guys and gals think.

-Kathy

That sounds great Kathy! I'd love to see him!!

Back
Top Bottom