Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

My old dog died last year at 21. He was the greatest friend to his people and his dog pals. His much younger pal grieved for the longest. I hope your friend breaks the record! Good luck to the two of you.
Oh no. It is always sad when you loose them. 21 is an exceptional age for a dog! Well done for taking care of him!

Thank you, to be honest she is already probably the oldest living goose, just not the oldest goose ever. As long as she stays happy and healthy I don't mind if she has the title or not. 🥰

My favorite little frizzle chick, Georgia.
E54416E0-2EDA-4CED-AE86-144061CE1192.jpeg

Congratulations in all curious about the goose oh, does she still lay eggs hahaha I know that's a dumb question or when was the last time she ever laid one?
Well I took charge of her in 2009 and she wasn't laying eggs then. My family friend got her off of his dad in 2000 and she never laid eggs for him. So it must have been when she was with his dad who was the person who bought her in 1980. I would probably say that the last egg was around the 1990s just guessing though.

I have a silkie too. My silkie has feathers on her cheeks which block her eyes. How is it that your silkies do not have feathery cheeks?
My silkies are whats called non-bearded and yours are bearded. Here are the three different varieties of silkie. You also have showgirl silkies but they aren't pure Silkies because they have to be bred to other breeds of chicken to get the naked neck. Perhaps in the future they will be classed as true Silkies, but not yet.
Champ-SFL-Bantam-Kent-2015-Jacqueline-Williams-JED.jpg

Non-Bearded
Silkie-White-Bearded-Reserve-Juvenile-Ryan-Robinson-2014-11-16-10.20.16.jpg

European Bearded also called Minor Bearded
20200625_085325.jpg

USA Bearded also called Major Bearded

With our great new homepage for BYC, we've also now got an exciting new system and process for our Picture Of The Week (POW), so we need your submissions!!!

Your Submissions MUST:
  • Be an image you took & own the rights to
  • Be a sharp, clean, picture that's at least 800 pixels wide
  • Include a short sentence about your picture, e.g., "My overly friendly Buff Orpington named Alehendra"
  • We prefer "landscape" (sideways) photos, but we'll accept really awesome"portrait"(tall) pictures... we just may need to crop them
Submit your POW by simply replying to this thread and attaching an image :)

We don't have a strict process or time-frame for how/when the POWs are posted, but in general they will be posted to the homepage weekly, and clicking on the POW will bring you to the post within this thread where the image was submitted.

“Trapped Raccoon becomes Escapee Raccoon in a matter of time...patience grasshopper.”
Hello This is my Picture of the week of our Trapped Raccoon who also managed to become an Escapee. The coon was caught in the trap about six hours and my exhausted husband failed to get up in time to removed him from it as planned and before the sun was up good he or she ... we do not know yet ... removed itself. This group of raccoons were living in our yard for years in a group of rotten but not dead- still producing very heavily I might add- Pecan trees- , but we had to cut some of them down because they were so close to our house and out buildings. We got the boar to move on but the Mom is still around and last years teens are still around going up and down the towns water pipes and sewer lines. They are living in the neighbors backyard now and we are trying to trap them but not having much luck. We want to get them soon before our girls move into their coop next week“

Attachments

• 18DE0ABC-9181-4A58-A480-A8ABCFA51BF9.jpeg
    18DE0ABC-9181-4A58-A480-A8ABCFA51BF9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
What are the laws regarding relocating nuisance animals in Mississippi? It is illegal here to relocate them off your property which for pretty much everyone means you can not get rid of them in a living and breathing condition.

You'll need very strong coop and fences to keep your birds safe from coons. They climb so the strong fence likely includes hot wire they will touch while still standing on the ground. They can get through fairly small holes. No trees a coon can access that overhangs the chicken area.

Back
Top Bottom