Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

E20C9574.jpg

This is Emma, my blue cochin pullet who just started laying this past week! She doesn't know what to think of snow yet :p

Beautiful lacing, I’m jealous!

Thank you.

From Welp via Carolina Town and Country in Sanford, NC.

I had 2 SLWs, one larger with poorer lacing and the other smaller with better lacing. Both equally vigorous and with similar temperaments. When deciding which to keep I choose the better lacing rather than the larger size.

I don't know if that's what an experienced breeder would have done or not, but since it was a coin toss between the two otherwise I went with pretty. :D

Thank you.

From Welp via Carolina Town and Country in Sanford, NC.

I had 2 SLWs, one larger with poorer lacing and the other smaller with better lacing. Both equally vigorous and with similar temperaments. When deciding which to keep I choose the better lacing rather than the larger size.

I don't know if that's what an experienced breeder would have done or not, but since it was a coin toss between the two otherwise I went with pretty. :D
I would have to. I have a SLW with not-so good lacing. Even though she is the best looking, She laid her first egg the other day, and I love her.

Back
Top Bottom