Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Awe thanks! I really like them too! This is my first time owning Lav's but they are slowly becoming one if my favorites. I did have two but lost one due to laying issues. I definitely want to ad more. I'm very partial to the Lavender/Grey color of them. Some say it's boring...but I think its awesome that there is a grey chicken 😅 maybe I'm a little bias because grey is one of my favorite colors, and ya just can't beat the docile nature of an orpington.
My Hattie starts out lavender after her molt and then as the feathers get dirty through the year they turn to grey. I took this during her molt right now to show the difference. Do you see the same thing with yours?

I just love her coloring and disposition.

20211008_153121.jpg

My Hattie starts out lavender after her molt and then as the feathers get dirty through the year they turn to grey. I took this during her molt right now to show the difference. Do you see the same thing with yours?

I just love her coloring and disposition.

View attachment 2872180
Yea I noticed that too! She was a very pretty color and as the Summer went on she started to get a bit dusty colored. Chickens usually molt after there first year right? Well Wisteria isn't even a year old yet. But I heard that after brooding they will go into a molt, I wonder if she will since she's gone broody. They are awesome birds.

Yea I noticed that too! She was a very pretty color and as the Summer went on she started to get a bit dusty colored. Chickens usually molt after there first year right? Well Wisteria isn't even a year old yet. But I heard that after brooding they will go into a molt, I wonder if she will since she's gone broody. They are awesome birds.
They do several small molts as they grow but the first big molt usually happens around 18 months of age. They may pick their underside bare during hatching but that is not molting.

Back
Top Bottom