Picture Upload Error Message - Problems

Current FF version is 25ish, so that could be the issue, but I doubt it. He may have some apps, plugins, extensions, etc. that may be blocking or interfering with our javascript.

Will he let you install Chromoe on the machine? That way there shouldn't be any interference with his FF version and programs

Nope, he's always said no to Chrome. I'll just see if there is a problem when I get my own computer back this week and let you know, Rob. Thanks!

ETA: It is a problem with the older FF version. IE works fine. My computer always has the latest FF, unlike DH's, and I'm using IE when I get on BYC until my own system is back.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am joining the club of pic problems. I am on explorer with windows 8. I can get to my pic on my computer from the browse button on the upload screen but then when I choose the pic, it just says error uploading. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Can you type in the entire error message or do a screen capture?

That is all it says. I will see if my teenager can show me how to do a screen shot.:oops:

I hit the picture button above and it opens the window with options.

I browse to the location on mt computer, pic my photo, hit open, the choose a size window comes up, I hit submit and a tiny window comes uo that says unable to upload photo and the only option on it is to cancel out.

Hello, I am joining the club of pic problems. I am on explorer with windows 8. I can get to my pic on my computer from the browse button on the upload screen but then when I choose the pic, it just says error uploading. Suggestions? Thanks.
Sorry, can't get it to do that on W8.1 & IE11.0.11 (works fine, here, just now uploaded a shot). Try another browser, if possible (same freeze-up?). For those on previous platforms... I broke down and built a new machine back in April (skipped Vista/Win7 on the old main machine entirely). So, last time I booted up the XP machine with IE8 was months ago (everything was just fine - didn't use the IE8, even then, except to see if I could recreate problems members were having with it). So, I turn on the old machine, today, and the first thing that pops up when I start IE8? OK, it's the `kiss off', no problemo - BYC displayed just fine on IE8 in April - yeah, not today... Was going to try to replicate other reported errors, but there was no UPLOAD button at all :lol: Chrome clone Dragon, under XP, a minute later? So, good luck, IE8 friends, and this is coming from someone her learned decades ago not to be an early adopter of anything (always end of product line - remaindered - final service pack, yet? kinda guy). However, I find it of some interest that Overclock.net (hard core cash heavy computer builders/gamers) also hosted by Huddler (as is BYC) is still displaying just fine under XP/IE8. However, I'm testing this on Labor Day Weekend and the "Series of Tubes" is clogged...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom