Pictures of your favorite chickens past or present! (Pic Heavy!)

bantiebabe1200

Songster
9 Years
Nov 5, 2010
Ennis, Montana
Ok, I've got a "wild hair" going here. This something I've never done before but I just can't stand it anymore! I want to see pictures of your favorite chickens, wether it's from the past or the present, show quality or hatchery stock. You can even share a story about them if you wish. I'd love to hear it and see it both! I got excited when I happened to find some of my old pictures of the chickens I had from childhood. I just couldn't hold it in any longer.
wee.gif

Ok I'll go first. My pictures are from birds past. Pardon the terrible pictures, but I had a cheap camera in those days so they are a little fuzzy (and there's some lint on them
hide.gif
).

This was a very sweet little buff brahma bantam I bought from a local breeder, I feel terrible that I can't even remember her name anymore.
hmm.png

This was Royal, a great EE that was pampered plenty and shown in 4-H, lol!

This was George, a true Ameraucana from a local breeder. He's not in his best shape here. I think he was getting ready to molt (not that it's easy to tell through all the blurr
he.gif
). But it was the only photo I could find of him. He was a great rooster who always protected his flock well and made some very pretty babies!
love.gif

Here's Lady, a hatchery stock Barred Plymouth Rock hen. She was also one my babies, that I loved to death and showed in 4-H. She won several grand and reserve champions at the 4-H shows about three years before this photo was taken.

This was an incredibly sweet little naked neck bantie I got from a feed store that no one else wanted. She was a great layer for a bantie and a good cuddler! She won grand champion at our 4-H show a couple of years before this photo was taken.

This was Blue Bonnet (yes, like the butter) a hatchery stock Blue Andalusian. She was my favorite of the Medetaranian breeds I owned. This is the only photo I could find of her too. She was Best Medetaranian Breed at the Montana State fair that year. Unusual for hatchery stock. I don't what happened to her breast feathers here (being parted like that). She was the only bird I took to that show, but only because I was showing my horses at the same time. I really miss this girl, she was a very sweet bird that was a great show to watch around the yard, and the only of my med breeds that would let me catch her and hold her with out a even struggling. Sorry about the white lint on the photo.

Ok, so I had a lot of favorite chickens, lol!
roll.png
Well, now its your turn! I'd love to see them and hear about them.
pop.gif

No one?
hit.gif
I'm not expecting anything more than a picture and/or story (brief or long) of your favorite chickens, even other poultry would be fun too, from the past or the present. It doesn't have to be just one, it can be multiple. I always loved all my chickens, but there were a few that stood out to me, as far as affection from the bird or funny things it would do, ect. This is what I'm looking for. It's only for fun.

Here's my favourite, a Pekin/cochin bantam called Pingu. I think she is adorable!

LM
LM

(How do you make them bigger without degrading the quality?)

Last edited:
Halo: when he was a baby he was solid black with a yellow halo on his little head. (i say he but he may be a she??

Omlet and Trudy: Omlet is the black and yellow he thinks he is an Eagle. and Trudy is the redish brown she struts around there like she is the queen of sheba.

Mama Hen: she was brought to me by my father in law. She was a good mama but she terrorized my little chick-chicks. I had to send her and the babies back to my father in law. She was a perfect example of the word mother. Some folks could have learned a thing or two from her.

He is Cute, Intelligent and naughty. 7 Months old. I like his naughty acts so much, I love him so much

This is my favorite girl, Cali. She's always the first to greet me in the silkie pen.
She doesn't mind being held or groomed, which she is in need of now.
She's a little pig! Always looking for food and always getting dirty.

Askew is my most personable hen. Even as a chick she always liked me.

Back
Top Bottom