Pidgen Toed Chick? Curly Toe?

HeartMountain Homestead

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2021
Hey guys. I just hatched these chicks in an incubator about a week ago and I realized that this chick was walking a little strangely. I waited a few days after hatch to see if it would work itself out but it didn't. I then researched on line and thought that it might be curly toe? I made these shoes for her and waited a few days. She is walking better and the toes look better, but looks even more pidgen toed now. What should I do? Should I be worried?
IMG_20210607_165113_101.jpg
IMG_20210607_165113_171.jpg

Attachments

• 20210611_154204.jpg
    20210611_154204.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 5
Hey guys. I just hatched these chicks in an incubator about a week ago and I realized that this chick was walking a little strangely. I waited a few days after hatch to see if it would work itself out but it didn't. I then researched on line and thought that it might be curly toe? I made these shoes for her and waited a few days. She is walking better and the toes look better, but looks even more pidgen toed now. What should I do? Should I be worried?View attachment 2714451View attachment 2714452
Oh no! That poor chickie is so pigeon-toed! It almost looks like it's legs were put on backwards!

Looks like baby pictures of my little brother- if your chick is anything like my bro, he'll get all the girls in high school and the cops will drive him home after catching him DUI and not charge him.

I have a couple of full grown hens that are as badly pigeon toed as your little chick and they get along fine; they walk fine but just run a little funny.

Looks like baby pictures of my little brother- if your chick is anything like my bro, he'll get all the girls in high school and the cops will drive him home after catching him DUI and not charge him.

I have a couple of full grown hens that are as badly pigeon toed as your little chick and they get along fine; they walk fine but just run a little funny.
🤣🤣🤣 Well good! At least I know that it won't effect the little ones quality of life! 💖

Back
Top Bottom