piercings and tattoos for them or against them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

"What you are describing is called universal brotherhood and people are not all equal in reality.

If you have a pool of morons to hire from and you pick the best one you still have hired a moron.
smile.png
"

love this one
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Not to belabor the point or get too far off topic but it depends on who's' morals. I will give a crude illustration; I tell you hey give me your wallet you say no it is mine, I say well morally I feel it should be mine. You have to go by the law or there is no order in your arguments.
Quote:

just cause its legal doesnt make it morally right does it?

Quote:
just cause its legal doesnt make it morally right does it?

well if ya made a good argument about it morally being yours i might hand it over
celebrate.gif

blessings

Actually I think it may be a form of discrimination, sometimes being discriminate can help overt a future problem. I refused to hire a guy one time because I was told he used drugs at work, he was hired by a competitor and he fell a tree on his partner and killed him, he tested positive for drugs and alcohol. He never reported the accident until that night it happened around noon.
Quote:

well if ya made a good argument about it morally being yours i might hand it over
celebrate.gif

blessings

i agree somewhat with ya.. you make a good point,kinda, im just a little stubborn
wink.png

Quote:
celebrate.gif

blessings

Last edited:
Actually, the piercings and tattoos can indicate a lack of sound judgement, making this a definite hiring~or non-hiring~ point. Piercings and tattoos, unless done under sterile, surgical technique, are potentially hazardous to your health by leaving you open to bacterial and viral infections. Even though they may use clean needles, the guns they use have not been properly sterilized and can still transmit blood fragments/particles into your body/blood stream.

This fact may present those who partake as risk takers....not only risk takers but risky with their own health, something that is precious to each and every one of us. If you will risk your own health, what may you risk at your employer's business?

Not saying this would mean anything to me if I were hiring but to many employers, a first impression is all they may get. If that first impression shows you as a risk taker, then they may just choose an equally qualified but more sensibly cautious person over you. Facts of life, can't get past it.

Alot of you have some good reasons.

I don't think that I could agree with many of your comments though, on tattoos being alright, especially with the Lord. I know that some of you think it as a beautiful form of art, and they have meaning, but to Christians I have to ask, are you really putting tattoos on yourself, to glorify the Lord? There are more versus than just one that are warning God's people against tattoos and disfiguring the body, and even though it's in the Old Testament, I think that still applies to us. Tons of basic, commen sense rules are written down there, do we just discared all of them? Our bodies are temples for the Lord. Do you think He would appreciate markings such as tattoos and piercings on it? In the Beginning, God made everything beauthiful in His eyes, and Adam and Eve were clean, without such things. That is how our Lord wanted us to be forevor, until Adam and Eve turned away to their own ideas and sinned. God wants us clean, pure, and there were several versus that said He did not want people to change or disfigure their bodies. God wants us to glorify Him, but not by hurting his temple.

And then, tattoos are not healthy for the body. Your skin is supposed ti BREATHE, and the ink allows very little movement, stopping any toxins that are being pushed out from the blood stream. The liver then has to work harder to clean the body, and so liver failure is more likely. Large tattoos are more harming, as you would think.

Finally, Preacher, the Bible is spelled with a capital, just like our Lord is.

Last edited:
I will pay for a tattoo for you of my choosing.
smile.png

Quote:
random ramblings are about anything
cool.png

not it's not this forum is about me! it's all about me... oh oops did I say that out loud?

anyhow. I want a tattoo but am unwilling to spend the money on it

I don't want piercings. i had an earing ripped out years ago and I'm afraid it would happen with any other body piercing, I have worn clip ons since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom