piercings and tattoos for them or against them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chickensducks&agoose :

I was in a bulk food store (costco, sams, etc.) yesterday, and saw an older lady, kind of heavy, probably in her 70's, on one of those motorized wheelchairs. I noticed, as I walked past, that she had a very large, very nice, naked lady tattoo all up her calf, from ankle to knee. Like a Pinup girl... not horribly obscene, but you could tell she was naked. I just know there must be a story there...

If you would have asked her about it, she probably would have been delighted to tell you the story.......Old people love to share......​

Lets see, in my unit of around 200 Soldiers almost everyone has at least one tattoo. The majority have quite a bit more, I have 14 and they are rather large. All my tattoo's have a meaning to me, they range from my unit crest to a list of 33 names of personal friends that have died fighting. I am waiting on my next tattoo until the doctors finish removing all the shrapnel from my body. When they are done, I will be covering all the scarring with tattoo's.

It is nice to see that many of you would not hire me or my friends regardless of our qualifications because we have ink. I will try to remember that as I sadly get another friends name added or as I look down at all my scarring and can't help but think back to that night in baghdad. To some of us this is more than just a trend.

We have one tatto shop in our town, Twizted Ink.

Twizted is a preacher, a EMT, a certified underwater rescue diver among other things. He does so much for the community, making sure kid's and eldery have Easters and Christmas's. He does the Toys for Tots bike runs, wrestling exhibitions and numerous other things.
I could wear his ears for a bracelet, the plugs are so big. But I dont care, he is a wonderful human being that deeply cares for all people. Looks dont have anything to do with it.
If you were drowning or in a serious car accident, you would be glad to see him.
thumbsup.gif

And I really thought we aren't to judge, that there is a higher Being that does that when our time comes. And I leave the judging to Him.

Quote:
Thank You for your service to our Country.
hugs.gif
I hope you feel well soon. 33 names, that is so much to handle so I sent you a prayer.
And I would hire you.

Tattoos and Piercings are just a way of expressions, it doesn't tell you who the person beneath the ink and jewellery really is. Only way to see who they really are is to talk to them. Its like that big biker guy who looks real mean and tough, covered in tattoos and immediately people judge, meanwhile this guy has a full time job, loves his children, has never been in trouble with the law and owns a tiny dog. His wife is spoiled rotten and is all around a very decent guy....I know such a guy, I know people with pink and blue hair, women with shaved heads, or mohawks, gosh my boss has dreadlocks and she is a very successful and stand up individual, caring, funny.

I don't pass judgement, people are free to express themselves in which ever way they feel necessary, I admire people willing to don green hair and several piercings and tattoos and though they are fully aware people are staring and judging still stand up and not allow it to bother them, that my friends...is courage and dignity.

I would love a tattoo, or two, but I am anemic and an easy bleeder, and I will be honest, I am scared that that combination would pose a problem in getting a tattoo. My husband has one, on his arm, a tiger, the one animal he loves the most, soon he is getting a dragon on his other arm. One day I might be brave enough to get that tattoo, lol...I am such a chicken by all accounts. lol.

Ema

First to Tat2d thank you for your service, I am praying for you and your fellow service members. I am sorry for the loss of your friends I am glad that you are getting tattoos to cover your scars. Good luck.

To the OP I have 3 tattoos, each one has a story I also have my nose and tongue pierced I had my eye brow but it got in the way I took that out. I plan to get my belly button redone. I worked for the state and had my tattoos and piercings no one ever thought I was stupid I did my job very well and most people respected me. I was the jury clerk so I had contact with the public all the time. I think that people judge others to much that's not for me to do but for God.
I knew a man who was a biker rode with the Hell's angles he meet my special needs daughter and could not help but love her, he became her best friend took her to the movies and she helped him fix his bike he died it will be a year on Aug 8th my daughter was so lost, yet he talked to his biker friends and his son she now has a at least 10 guys who will be there if she needs them. Yes some of these guys are big bad bikers but they are the sweet caring men. These men do not judge my daughter who has been told to grow up and act her age by so many "normal" people. Yet its the people who everyone calls bad that are the ones who treat her like a regular person. I think everyone needs to stop judging people and leave that to the one who's job it is.

I love tattoos and plan to get more if I want no one can see mine but I do show them off
My first one is on my left shoulder its a Celtic cross with 3 hearts with the initials of my DH and my kids will be adding my grand daughters initials soon. It is also surrounded by roses and vines
My 2nd is a purple rose on my right ankle, it was a fake tattoo I found that I love on the inside of the rose if you look it shows a mother holding a baby.
my 3rd is on my left calf it is 4 butterfly's for the 4 babies that I lost with 4 flowers for my 4 living children it is in a oval frame.

I would love more but the person who did my tattoo's died so I am looking for some one I can trust to do the rest of my tattoos each has a very important meaning to me. I did not get any tattoos or piercing until I was past 35.
My oldest DD has tattoos all 4 of my kids has one piercing at least my youngest son is 15 has 2 lip piercings and does not want any more and also has blue hair and he is doing college work so I don't think that colored hair or piercings means that someone is stupid and won't amount to anything.
I do look at other peoples ink I think talking to someone about their ink will tell you a lot about that person.

I think anyone who has a bad word to say about anyone with tattoos or piercings or scaring.. or disabilities .... they need to read This is Gonna Hurt by Nikki Sixx... and then maybe you will think twice about judging people from the outside.

Quote:
Same here. BUT, as long as my offspring drives a car that I provide, I reserve the right to provide said car and other goodies as long as said offspring stays tattoo and other-than-ear piercing free. I also reserve the right to hire people who conform to basic business appearance.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
hugs.gif

I have 3 brothers in the service (Army, Air Force, Marines) and they are all tattooed. I am kind of jealous of their tattoos because they have so much more meaning than mine do. Their's are for the many brothers that have been lost and mine is for only one brother I lost. If y'all knew what you were doing (which most do) I'd hire you in a heartbeat !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom