Pigeon acting off. Odd poop?

Pics
Question for you. With the amount of vet costs you have had with your ducks have you ever considered pet insurance? Or do you know anything about it or if there is even one that would insure ducks? This just has me thinking and worrying a lot about my other ducks.
I believe Nationwide insures exotic pets. I looked into it and decided not to. I believe they don't cover preventative care or preexisting conditions. They could have changed since I looked into it last though. I spend about $400+/duck yearly on preventative care. And most of my ducks' issues were already present before I found out about Nationwide. I probably would have done it at the start of my duck adventure had I known.

I'm just breaking down I cant..
I am so so sorry she passed away. I know how much you love her (and your other girls - and even the ducks at the park). You are clearly someone with a very big and caring heart.

I’m just seeing these updates now but when I saw the last video you posted of her, I just thought “uh-oh”. When my duck Olive passed away from a slow, inevitably terminal condition, that was how she acted in her last minutes. And the wobbly, melty walking preceded that by a couple of days.

Pigeon was an amazing, friendly, sweet duck. Thank you for sharing her with us in your videos - they expanded my understanding of the kind of close human-duck connection that can exist. Hoping your heart finds healing soon.

@SolarDuck , I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Pigeon lived a great life under your care, I don't think many would have provided the amount of work you did to treating her various problems. It is an unfortunate fact that birds are one of the hardest animals to treat for conditions in a veterinary clinic. Oftentimes when the birds are brought in they appear moderately stable, but internally they are close to passing. In vet school, we are thought to take high precautions with these birds, but the stress of being at a clinic, and handled by foreign people is enough to send them over the edge.
Again, very sorry for your loss.

@SolarDuck I'm just catching up on your traumatic situation with Pigeon. I've read lots of your posts and seen your sweet videos and the photos that you've posted of her previously. It's so clear that you loved her and gave her an amazing life, and did everything you could to help her. I empathize with your feelings about the vet, as well as the burden of the cost involved. It's so hard when our beloved animals die. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom