Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
Have I created a monster? My hand raised bird Doo is acting like a complete jerk, a bitey, bully, pidgzilla who lives to keep others away from food and water. :rolleyes: He is getting toward the end of his ugly juvenile molt. I have installed a jail cell in the loft to allow the others to eat and drink in relative peace.
View attachment 1533765
View attachment 1533766
He was only in there for a half hour - same plan for dinner.

Suggestions welcome.:)
That's how id handle a bully bird of any kind here. Well, kinda like time out for a child I guess. :p
I sure hope it calms him down soon..:fl
Today I would describe his mood as - unrepentant! :lau

You know how if you let a puppy get away with play biting your hands because its cute? and then they grow up, and its not cute? I fear I did this with Doo.:oops:
I did the same with my first goose. He was an only hatchling and in my ignorance I spoiled him and didnt realize his behavior was dominance tword everyone but me. He imprinted on me. However, thanks to byc and some wonderful friends ive made here, we were able to get it under control early enough so that I was able to keep him. He is now a happy, healthy and well behaved ( most of the time:rolleyes:)
gander. And I love the cheeky lil devil..:lau
OK good, I am glad you thought of it. I didn't want anyone to think I was nuts for thinking that it would be ok to water gun a poor bird.
It sounds kinda mean huh?
:lau
Nah.. I used a super soaker to keep one of my buck goats in line. He was a 200lb lamancha and wanted to be up under all the time. Got aggressive with me twice. First time I let it go, second time I got the soaker.. he behaved from then on..:D
I HAVE USED A SQUIRT GUN TO AID IN HEARDING MY CHICKENS WHEN I NEED TO LOCK THEM UP EARLY, OR CHASE THEM BACK INTO SAFE RUN AREA. They have no idea where the stimulant is coming from, thus not holding any GRUDGES against me. :old
:lau :highfive: perfect!
:love:love
Interesting vid from 'Pigeon Soul':)
So cool! :love
I did a release for one of Canada's fine young citizens that made an impact on our country and the world while fighting a fatal form of cancer. This picture is Becca five months before she passed away.

Yesterday to celebrate her life I released 18 doves in her honour. Our government has dedicate a day for the impact she made to recognize her contribution to the planet. RIP Rebecca I will do my best to keep your dream alive.

View attachment 1536293

Check out the link:
https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/becca-s...-to-perform-random-acts-of-kindness-1.4095647
That is an awesome story.. such a wonderful girl! :love
And releasing the doves in her honor...so heartwarming! :hugs
DD is in Hawaii right now and sent DAD :) a pix of a pigeon there. Said it is soo small it would fit in palm of her hand. I know there are only about 700 different species of pigeons around the world. I may be off on the exact number...:idunno
View attachment 1539047
Wow! So little and pretty! :love

porumbei.ro is my latest youtube find. Beautiful filming of pigeons(porumbei in Romanian) doing stuff. There is no narration.

ps I just love the Romanian word for pigeon = porumbel, sing.; porumbei, pl.:D
Beautiful flight! They are so fast! It absolutely amazes me! :clap
Such happy looking pigeons! Im sure they are gonna love it!! :love
How pretty! :love
I think I may need a couple of lofts.. ones just not gonna cut it..:lau

Yesterday I found my red check hen Doba with the skin torn off the back of her neck, and a little bit down her right shoulder. :hit I snatched her up and brought her inside to a cage to observe her. It looks so ugly but I'm thinking she can heal from this. I need to protect her from harm until she does.

She was sitting on plastic eggs with her mate and I don't think she is happy to be away from that.

The jail cell is back in the loft and the prime suspect spent the day there till flight time. I may have to install a second cell as I have too many adolescent males. I suppose there's a 1% chance it was a hawk that only got a mouthful of mostly feathers, but realistically it was one of my cocks, right?

Back
Top Bottom