Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
About 15 days. Thanks for reminding me I have to calculate a hatch dat for them from when I first discovered them. I don't remember so I have to look up when I first posted about them.:oops:

That's what I do too! :D

My couple is still woo'ing in and around the nest, but I haven't seen an egg yet. I don't think I looked yesterday though.

I believe the first egg comes about 10 days after successful mating.

This has been my experience and is generally preceded by the cock 'driving' the hen to the nest.

Learned something new, and its not even noon yet! :D

I'll have to go back thru posts and see when they started. :p :gig

The first time I saw either of them fully in the nest was last Tuesday, 10/30, but could have happened a few days before I noticed. Does the ritual go on for a few days before he actually gets to have his way with her? Or is that all up to the female?
Its hard to say exactly when but I think all signs are good this couple will produce a clutch soon. Have you seen them billing?, the hen squatting? Did they bring material for their nest? If you don't see them mating your first clue may be the hen staying longer in the nest just before the first egg appears.

Its hard to say exactly when but I think all signs are good this couple will produce a clutch soon. Have you seen them billing?, the hen squatting? Did they bring material for their nest? If you don't see them mating your first clue may be the hen staying longer in the nest just before the first egg appears.

Oh boy, I’m getting excited! :pop

This will be a longer 3 weeks than my first chicken hatch!

Back
Top Bottom