Pigeon Fanciers

Quote:
Aww..You're welcome.

I've always been a sucker for an animal.

He came to me by way of a small child crying "I heard if anyone could help, you could." And..well.. He'll be three in September.

I'm actually (happily) moved up to NH now (May will be a year.) But all of my "kids and fids" (other than the ducklings, macaws and 3 of the 6 'tiels) are NYC / Brooklyn natives. Moving with all of them was....fun..., to say the least. lol

Moving all those birds certainly does sound fun
tongue.png

I don't plan on moving anytime soon...but when I do...oh lord
th.gif
I'll have birds coming out of my ears trying to move them!

I recently moved with 25 pigeons. I filled a whole minivan. Paired them up in nest boxes pushed them together and put something over the fronts ....worked well.

I have all the ones in my signiture and looking for more i have them as Pets/Hobby.
Funny i started 2 years ago with 2 and i now have 50

I love them
love.gif

I raise Racing Homers. This is my 3rd year and I'm having a great time. Right now I have 35 young birds that I'm training for young bird season. They'll start racing in September. It's a thrill to watch them fly.

Litewings

wee.gif

I've grown up going to pigeon shows. I have friends that race and some with rollers. I prefer my fancy show birds though.

Currently I have about 30 modenas, 10 bohemian pouters, 20 swing pouters, a pair of stellar pouters, 5 jacobins,and 4 nuns. I also take care of a loft full of komorner tumblers for my youngest sister. Across town my brother has about 120-150 american show racers. I just sold all of my pomeranian pouters this last year. Can't afford to keep them all.
Amy

The nuns came about in my lofts from a friend. He wants to 'recreate' the starwitzer pouter. He's crossing these dang nuns on the swings in my loft. He's trying to get the crest from the nuns and komorners to try and get a crested pouter. Whatever.... There are 2 red and whites, a black and white, and a dun maybe?
This is that odd colored one:
PICT0503.jpg

PICT0516.jpg

Personally I like the fancier birds or the ones with monster personality. The pouters are so much fun and very interactive. The jacs are simply gorgeous. The modenas have so many color variations and can stump most genetics people with their 256 color variations.
Mary... I think you mentioned the opals earlier. We have that gene all over in our komorners. I also have a yellow laced opal modena cock. I just did a test cross of him on a red argent hen and got what looks to be a opal dun. I also love working with the magnani modenas and how much variation there can be just in those.
Here are some of my favorite birds:
PICT0502.jpg

PICT0431.jpg

PICT0447.jpg

dscn1281.jpg

000_0039.jpg

Back
Top Bottom