Pigeon Talk

Well I'm off work today so things are happening a little bit in reverse order! I checked the pigeons this morning and found another two eggs. One from lucky and Doris, so that got switched! I now have 6 plastic eggs in use! The other is from boomer and beau! So that is staying! Problem is, it had quite alot of blood on it. This will be beau's first egg, I'm not to worried about her, she seems fine and no other blood anywhere. But should I take this one as she will probably lay another in better condition? The egg itself is perfect. Just some blood on it.
I'm so happy for Boomer and Beau! Don't know about the blood, I'd see what the more experienced folks say. I have one pair sitting on plastic and 3 eggs from my pair of hens - looking for a fourth today - which I will also trade for plastic. Enjoy your day off and get a few pics to post for us, it's been awhile!:)

A pic of the blood on the egg might help. I bet @Pyxis might know what's up with it.

Only Tucker right now. :)
View attachment 1680240 View attachment 1680241
If I could I would keep some of EVERYTHING!:lol:

Ps Your Angel fish(is that right?) are GORGEOUS!

:love :love :love

I used to have quite alot of quail but I gave my last one away to a friend recently. It's a bit strange really, when I'm in the garden I can still hear them.
I also have a couple of goldfish. Nothing fancy though. We started of with one we won from the fairground some years ago and have had them ever since!
View attachment 1680281
We also have a horse called Nansi. That's the DW and DD's department though!
View attachment 1680283

Nice! Yall are making me miss my fish tank. When we moved 6 years ago, we sold the tank and final fish we had at the time. The bala shark was at least 3-4 years old. I’ve got a good spot for a tank now. Might have to mention a replacement to hubby.
29A82F90-5CE4-4DAD-AEDE-FB569AD936B4.jpeg
ECB7A457-AFFA-4781-8D30-0D021098417C.jpeg
42E36C25-9F4A-4848-8203-07CE2117AC3C.jpeg
4096E1A0-6302-4DF9-AA11-7FFF726B701F.jpeg
73D4C7CB-68CD-406F-8EF6-C9E9405C6C0C.jpeg

Well I'm off work today so things are happening a little bit in reverse order! I checked the pigeons this morning and found another two eggs. One from lucky and Doris, so that got switched! I now have 6 plastic eggs in use! The other is from boomer and beau! So that is staying! Problem is, it had quite alot of blood on it. This will be beau's first egg, I'm not to worried about her, she seems fine and no other blood anywhere. But should I take this one as she will probably lay another in better condition? The egg itself is perfect. Just some blood on it.

I'd leave the egg; although, first clutches can be sort of iffy - sort of like incubating pullet eggs.

I'd had the same feelings - I have always loved angel fish.

I'm so happy for Boomer and Beau! Don't know about the blood, I'd see what the more experienced folks say. I have one pair sitting on plastic and 3 eggs from my pair of hens - looking for a fourth today - which I will also trade for plastic. Enjoy your day off and get a few pics to post for us, it's been awhile!:)

A pic of the blood on the egg might help. I bet @Pyxis might know what's up with it.
Here's a picture of the egg. The blood has dried up since this morning.
DSC_0254.JPG

Nice! Yall are making me miss my fish tank. When we moved 6 years ago, we sold the tank and final fish we had at the time. The bala shark was at least 3-4 years old. I’ve got a good spot for a tank now. Might have to mention a replacement to hubby.
View attachment 1680894 View attachment 1680895 View attachment 1680896 View attachment 1680897 View attachment 1680898
Lovely fish! I'd like a tropical tank but it's alot of maintenance.
I'd leave the egg; although, first clutches can be sort of iffy - sort of like incubating pullet eggs.

I'd had the same feelings - I have always loved angel fish.
I'll leave it be then. If its a dud then I have all year to get some good ones!

Pic of meal worms also.
:love:love
She will be getting a bigger tank soon.View attachment 1679659
On the topic of reptiles;

Oscar- Leopard Gecko ~9 years old
9wFcKIA.jpg

Bowie- Plains Garter snake
HTQNn0s.jpg

w2Wi9sq.jpg

Greedo- Giant Day Gecko
rwsQsKv.jpg

d4iMeRY.jpg

Luci- California Red Sided Garter
WWV7cMY.jpg

Pickles- Hog Island Boa
CQbAeO7.jpg

Tjt67WW.jpg

Sorry, can't resist the urge to spam my reptiles.

What brand of bulb do you use?
:love:love:love
Well why we post pics of are reptiles, I'll post a pic of some more of my fish.

@biophiliac do you have any other pets besides pigeons?
Only Tucker right now. :)
View attachment 1680240 View attachment 1680241
If I could I would keep some of EVERYTHING!:lol:

Ps Your Angel fish(is that right?) are GORGEOUS!
I used to have quite alot of quail but I gave my last one away to a friend recently. It's a bit strange really, when I'm in the garden I can still hear them.
I also have a couple of goldfish. Nothing fancy though. We started of with one we won from the fairground some years ago and have had them ever since!
View attachment 1680281
We also have a horse called Nansi. That's the DW and DD's department though!
View attachment 1680283
0221191530.jpg

She found a new spot with a view.

View attachment 1680894 View attachment 1680895 View attachment 1680896 View attachment 1680897 View attachment 1680898
:frow Welcome!

I don't have any reptiles or fish at the moment..dd3 has a rat tho..:love
Not gonna post pics of all my dogs and cats.. it would take forever..:gig

Here's a picture of the egg. The blood has dried up since this morning.
View attachment 1680936

Lovely fish! I'd like a tropical tank but it's alot of maintenance.

I'll leave it be then. If its a dud then I have all year to get some good ones!
It's fine. It happens sometimes for the first egg. If it repeatedly happens you may have a problem.

@WVduckchick pretty tank! You should get another.

Back
Top Bottom