Pigeon Talk

Shout out from my birds to yours - our flocks are so similar!:D And Boomer coming in for a landing with 'flaps and landing gear down' is just stunning.
The egg doesn't look bad to me, I bet it looked more scary before the blood dried. Now that I see it I believe I've seen a spot or two on a couple of eggs too.:D

Well I’ve heard about Birmingham Rollers but I don’t know if they will home. Could you let them out and they stay.
Roller pigeons don't home like a homing pigeon! They can also get lost if they go too far away from home. They are trained to fly only from a loft or a portable kit box. They are fantastic birds and put on a great display.

Shout out from my birds to yours - our flocks are so similar!:D And Boomer coming in for a landing with 'flaps and landing gear down' is just stunning.
The egg doesn't look bad to me, I bet it looked more scary before the blood dried. Now that I see it I believe I've seen a spot or two on a couple of eggs too.:D
Boomer and the gang say 'coo'! It's been absolutely fantastic weather today. 16c! Clear skies and no wind. They had a really good fly. The shot of Boomer was a total fluke! I just wish it had been a bit over to the side to get the blue sky behind him.

:ththe wonderful reptiles!! :love:love:love i picked the right day to come learn about pigeons! (Think im telln DD stick w her celadon quail) she wants an indoor pet bird :rolleyes: we told her she could if she did the work to fix up an old cage, all as an exercise in resposibility. I closely followed the cockatiel conversations you had recently and i really dont need a fourth (parrot=toddler) around here screaming at me all the time. To those who are new friends i have the teenager, twin 2 yr olds and a 1 yr old.

On the topic of reptiles;

Oscar- Leopard Gecko ~9 years old
9wFcKIA.jpg

Bowie- Plains Garter snake
HTQNn0s.jpg

w2Wi9sq.jpg

Greedo- Giant Day Gecko
rwsQsKv.jpg

d4iMeRY.jpg

Luci- California Red Sided Garter
WWV7cMY.jpg

Pickles- Hog Island Boa
CQbAeO7.jpg

Tjt67WW.jpg

Sorry, can't resist the urge to spam my reptiles.

What brand of bulb do you use?

I havent ever met anyone else who owns hog Island boas! That Cali Garter is amazing! Only seen those in books! Ive had three hogs over the last 15 years tho and still Love them most of all! Currently have an albino ball python who has been mine for 7 years, no recent pics tho, he had gone to live w a friend while i had the youngest baby (now 1) and w the littles still being so little. Im always scared of the bacteria of the critters mixed with the little ones and its paid off. My littles didnt get sick for a straight 11 months, the littlest not the first time til she was 9 months old.

:love :love :love

Nice! Yall are making me miss my fish tank. When we moved 6 years ago, we sold the tank and final fish we had at the time. The bala shark was at least 3-4 years old. I’ve got a good spot for a tank now. Might have to mention a replacement to hubby.
View attachment 1680894 View attachment 1680895 View attachment 1680896 View attachment 1680897 View attachment 1680898

Def mention it to hubby! i had no idea you

I'd leave the egg; although, first clutches can be sort of iffy - sort of like incubating pullet eggs.

I'd had the same feelings - I have always loved angel fish.

Two! Liked angels! I have 4 baby angels im growing out in prep for resetting my 90. Lost it in the flood and couldnt fathom resetting it in this rental during rebuild. So instead i sold pecans to start growing out some things in a 30 until we move home. @backyard pigeons im also a live plant person and i fight my dojo loachs to keep them rooted! I can see youve got about a 55 gal and that sword plant is twice the size of mine but its thriving as are the fish who were all in pretty bad shape when i got them, fins are regrowing though. I love your fern(i think?) also! (to the far left)

Ima go tryn get some pics

:ththe wonderful reptiles!! :love:love:love i picked the right day to come learn about pigeons! (Think im telln DD stick w her celadon quail) she wants an indoor pet bird :rolleyes: we told her she could if she did the work to fix up an old cage, all as an exercise in resposibility. I closely followed the cockatiel conversations you had recently and i really dont need a fourth (parrot=toddler) around here screaming at me all the time. To those who are new friends i have the teenager, twin 2 yr olds and a 1 yr old.

I havent ever met anyone else who owns hog Island boas! That Cali Garter is amazing! Only seen those in books! Ive had three hogs over the last 15 years tho and still Love them most of all! Currently have an albino ball python who has been mine for 7 years, no recent pics tho, he had gone to live w a friend while i had the youngest baby (now 1) and w the littles still being so little. Im always scared of the bacteria of the critters mixed with the little ones and its paid off. My littles didnt get sick for a straight 11 months, the littlest not the first time til she was 9 months old.

Def mention it to hubby! i had no idea you

Two! Liked angels! I have 4 baby angels im growing out in prep for resetting my 90. Lost it in the flood and couldnt fathom resetting it in this rental during rebuild. So instead i sold pecans to start growing out some things in a 30 until we move home. @backyard pigeons im also a live plant person and i fight my dojo loachs to keep them rooted! I can see youve got about a 55 gal and that sword plant is twice the size of mine but its thriving as are the fish who were all in pretty bad shape when i got them, fins are regrowing though. I love your fern(i think?) also! (to the far left)

Ima go tryn get some pics
Thanks! I also enjoy my tank. It's a 35 gallon. And the fern is actually a recovering Amazon sword. It was in a ten gallon. How many tanks do you have?

Back
Top Bottom