Pigeon Talk

What’s a good pigeon that will stick around if I let it out during the day
Homers are most reliable. But all pigeons will return home if properly trained. But you can't take them AWAY from the loft like homers. Hawks will pick off slower flyers like rollers, tipplers, and all fancy breeds. So because of that, you want to watch when they fly. Homers are pretty hawk proof. Where are you in middle tn? I'm 40 min south of nashville. I have rollers, homers, and tumblers.

Last edited:
20190222_113410.jpg

What’s a good pigeon that will stick around if I let it out during the day
Homing pigeons are the best bet to let out and return. But they also need training. A young pigeon or squeaker would be the best as they should homeset easier and quicker than an older bird. An older bird would need to stay in the loft and not be released for some time, months normally or after they have had a couple of hatches of chicks. This won't guarantee that they will stay and some can homeset far quicker.

:ththe wonderful reptiles!! :love:love:love i picked the right day to come learn about pigeons! (Think im telln DD stick w her celadon quail) she wants an indoor pet bird :rolleyes: we told her she could if she did the work to fix up an old cage, all as an exercise in resposibility. I closely followed the cockatiel conversations you had recently and i really dont need a fourth (parrot=toddler) around here screaming at me all the time. To those who are new friends i have the teenager, twin 2 yr olds and a 1 yr old.

I havent ever met anyone else who owns hog Island boas! That Cali Garter is amazing! Only seen those in books! Ive had three hogs over the last 15 years tho and still Love them most of all! Currently have an albino ball python who has been mine for 7 years, no recent pics tho, he had gone to live w a friend while i had the youngest baby (now 1) and w the littles still being so little. Im always scared of the bacteria of the critters mixed with the little ones and its paid off. My littles didnt get sick for a straight 11 months, the littlest not the first time til she was 9 months old.

Def mention it to hubby! i had no idea you

Two! Liked angels! I have 4 baby angels im growing out in prep for resetting my 90. Lost it in the flood and couldnt fathom resetting it in this rental during rebuild. So instead i sold pecans to start growing out some things in a 30 until we move home. @backyard pigeons im also a live plant person and i fight my dojo loachs to keep them rooted! I can see youve got about a 55 gal and that sword plant is twice the size of mine but its thriving as are the fish who were all in pretty bad shape when i got them, fins are regrowing though. I love your fern(i think?) also! (to the far left)

Ima go tryn get some pics

I almost tagged you when all the reptiles started being shown! :D
Hope you will keep us posted on the DD's progress to get an indoor bird.

Back
Top Bottom