Pigeon Talk

I try to find the generic UNSALTED dry roasted peanuts on sale at the grocery store now. Much more convenient than buying a bag of raw in shell. I don't want to mess with peeling those shells and with the waste I don't think they're more economical.;)
I'll pick some up and see what they think.. unless BP knows of something they like better..:pop

:lau
Well, do they have a favorite treat that you know of?:pop
Hmmm. Whole corn, safflower, and I've never done sunflower seeds, but you never know...

They like celery tops onnassionally. Not a ton, but they enjoy picking at it.

Oh, unpopped popcorn! More so them whole corn. If you have a whole foods store, get a half pound of so...

I try to find the generic UNSALTED dry roasted peanuts on sale at the grocery store now. Much more convenient than buying a bag of raw in shell. I don't want to mess with peeling those shells and with the waste I don't think they're more economical.;)
I found an unsalted, shelled, raw pack. Do they like them roasted? I have always heard raw...

Hmmm. Whole corn, safflower, and I've never done sunflower seeds, but you never know...

They like celery tops onnassionally. Not a ton, but they enjoy picking at it.

Oh, unpopped popcorn! More so them whole corn. If you have a whole foods store, get a half pound of so...
Awesome! I do have unpoped popcorn.. I'll give it a go too.

:lau
Well, do they have a favorite treat that you know of?:pop
You can get their interest going by crumbling some peanuts into their feed mix. After they have tasted them for a few days they may love them. Then only use for treats/reward. Or you can try sunflower seed hearts which many like, or safflower seeds. What all three have in common is a high fat content.

You can get their interest going by crumbling some peanuts into their feed mix. After they have tasted them for a few days they may love them. Then only use for treats/reward. Or you can try sunflower seed hearts which many like, or safflower seeds. What all three have in common is a high fat content.
Hmm. I did cut them, and put them in their bowl and whistled. They sat there several hours untouched. And this was before feeding time. :confused: I'll try again though.

Ok, thanks!
They are currently still in the pen I brought them home in, they're on the piano bench next to my chair watching everything and cooing.. they have food and water in with them. Im just letting them get to used me and their surroundings a bit before we take them out to the aviary.. plus its raining atm..

Back
Top Bottom