Pigeon Talk

Ok, thanks!
They are currently still in the pen I brought them home in, they're on the piano bench next to my chair watching everything and cooing.. they have food and water in with them. Im just letting them get to used me and their surroundings a bit before we take them out to the aviary.. plus its raining atm..
Oh wow, your sure they arent gonna be indoor pigeons? JK, but I'm sure they are:yesss: enjoying being in a dome. :D

Hmm. I did cut them, and put them in their bowl and whistled. They sat there several hours untouched. And this was before feeding time. :confused: I'll try again though.
Mix it in the food at first?
Ok, thanks!
They are currently still in the pen I brought them home in, they're on the piano bench next to my chair watching everything and cooing.. they have food and water in with them. Im just letting them get to used me and their surroundings a bit before we take them out to the aviary.. plus its raining atm..
I would be doing the exact same, keeping them right next to me so I could see them up close. :yesss:

Sweat adds a youthful glow to the completion.:lau

So, ... absent sudden movement, she doesn't hide? That is a good start. Imo, the more she sees that Olive is comfortable, the less fearful she will be. Even my most skittish bird Doba is seduced by the lure of peanuts. At first I had to toss them towards her but she will finally take from my hand.:)
Hope you will do at least a daily update on Rosie.:love

Basically if you walk into the room. Or the parakeets chirp. Or the wind blows. Or if its Saturday. She's really timid. She seems calm in the cage I suppose because she has nowhere to go. Given space she runs for cover. She's been hiding under the table for the better part of the past 2 hours. Though she seems comfortable... She's laying down at least.

Basically if you walk into the room. Or the parakeets chirp. Or the wind blows. Or if its Saturday. She's really timid. She seems calm in the cage I suppose because she has nowhere to go. Given space she runs for cover. She's been hiding under the table for the better part of the past 2 hours. Though she seems comfortable... She's laying down at least.
Well she needs time to habituate to new surroundings. Homers as you well know have different personalities than Olives breed but they appear to me to be great observational learners and do habituate readily to repeated features of their environment. Perhaps if she stayed in her cage most of the time for the first week or so where she can both see and hear what is going on while she becomes accustomed to the sounds, sights, smells and the daily routines of your HH. Thinking of it as an indoor settling cage.:)
I doubt I've added to what you already know. Patience is key.

I thought it had been a bit quiet on here today...
Yes I DO!
:lau:gig
I'll have to catch up here still but.. we had a wonderful visit with BP. And I am the proud owner of 3 lovely pigeons.
I hope you dont mind BP.. I love the old Honeymooners show and have decided to name them Ralph, Alice and Ed Norton ( will call him Norton tho because thats what Ralph called him on the show..;))
BPs parents gave me permission to post the pic of BP, me and the birds. Im quite wilted tho..:lau
View attachment 1851094
What good news! And what a great picture! Your taller than I thought FMF! Jk:p
I like the names they look like good pigeons and will hopefully do you proud.
Just in case yall, my real name isn't BP... :D

And no, I don't mind the names. They are good for me! :thumbsup
I think I can just about remember your first very brief post! I'm glad you both had a good day and now thanks to you, FMF is a fully fledged pidgy owner! :celebrate
I haven't heard anything from the guy who's pigeon I released. I'm hoping she has got back OK but he did say there is a possibility she may come back here in a couple of days. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom