Pigeon Talk

So, when I posted my pigeon up on the pigeon group on FB to ask opinions there, someone who also had bought birds from the same breeder I did recognized my bird and asked me about it.

We've been in touch because she was a little worried about her bird. She tells me that today it started having diarrhea, sigh.
Oh no...:(

My thoughts exactly :( She keeps hers as a house pet, in a cage in her house, and he's her only pigeon. But, she DID enter him in a show recently. So if hers it sick it may have picked it up there. Even so, two sick birds from the same breeder, both in places where the birds don't go outside and there are (usually) no other pigeons for them to catch something from, doesn't look good.

My thoughts exactly :( She keeps hers as a house pet, in a cage in her house, and he's her only pigeon. But, she DID enter him in a show recently. So if hers it sick it may have picked it up there. Even so, two sick birds from the same breeder, both in places where the birds don't go outside and there are (usually) no other pigeons for them to catch something from, doesn't look good.
No it doesn't.. dang it.. just what you need..:(

So, when I posted my pigeon up on the pigeon group on FB to ask opinions there, someone who also had bought birds from the same breeder I did recognized my bird and asked me about it.

We've been in touch because she was a little worried about her bird. She tells me that today it started having diarrhea, sigh.

:barnie
You sure have had some rotten luck. How is yours doing now?

Progress!

LNdDKeszAurtyJvyirTLZOIOSPtnEyLOiTs8NLSjqWP9KmtHlJ8mtbo8ZuyM1PbON4c4hPtHZdhGksXF2ztTOhHXaI7fVFsjO2LacDP2iKFXmwd7cpPBRTGwG-pvUEITiPAKmFPdep3BWH2_cybUeww47ILv7Nh_asbMRTqHJQaXDpcr5GIQmVyIntG-OE6B98eyB7XAtsKFy5MyLZDr6q0mwnlhE_ENIeFVEKT_Z7ry4XAaFhWIwNd03bxb0TxMy2XycjuPppFfHNM7qzaewXXvRBoQ8rZwKoYhe00dgw5Op2qp0KO-WfrcB6KBigQ7rdgPqkxqPTAM7M-7KprPRQOajKduWt2yqFIXChVOGfCET5zU46xhTceCiEPDtsxK1sblB_XFu9g1Tkwy7fC0ipnk5qL8qym5SE1ld5qcMbUlD9sSLxnfiir8I39pvbd80M4C57ZN3GoPBHA8phzFdyZKaAKnkT1BOezu-zV6MglHa6AzjOC8eOhhhe_PTJBrvIlwURqJGZ3koEddtV85EG3Kf-rjbl8CKBEpKBeW2Mj1mBDrGoyZxrFgSfSTDKjO60ga5Ogso0PZ-wAj4ffLMbQk_AM4qVJsFe99ULGUsor-2qBlnJUva1Apna7M1vz9CO3wZ0YbxjiS8eJBY5qq-gUBq7zKq-rfRdbncJN4OMua=w876-h657-no

Don't mind the poop, I cleaned it up after the picture, lol.

When I first walked out to check on him this time, he actually had his head straight and up for a bit. And I hadn't given him any medicine yet. I gave him his first doses of meloxicam and enrofloxacin tonight.

I'm reticent to reach out to her. I sent her a message awhile back saying that I think the second almond was a male, not a female, and I'm not even mad about that (actually due to how almond breeding works, I'm kind of glad) nor did I say I was displeased in my message. I just asked if it was true I should make sure he doesn't pair up with the female almond (answered that myself with some research). She saw that message and never responded. So if I send a message saying, hey, do you have PMV in your flock, she'd probably ignore that too.

Bums me out because I paid over $100 for these birds including the shipping.
Dang it girl!!! :barnie
You have had a bad run of luck :hugs

I'm sort of being rhetorical, but define "diarrhea".... Most birds when stressed by something like a relocation, especially coupled with new food and water source, will have runny poop for some time, and it may even be green. I'd say if it's green and runny for longer than a week start being worried and consider anti biotics, but otherwise don't be too worried.

Pay attention to other health signs that may accompany green runny poop, like sneezing/coughing, slouched bodies and/or dragging wings, sitting poofed up all the time (acknowledging healthy pigeons also do this to stay warm), messy crops, etc. If green runny poops also have these symptoms, consider meds right away, and quarantining.

Progress!

LNdDKeszAurtyJvyirTLZOIOSPtnEyLOiTs8NLSjqWP9KmtHlJ8mtbo8ZuyM1PbON4c4hPtHZdhGksXF2ztTOhHXaI7fVFsjO2LacDP2iKFXmwd7cpPBRTGwG-pvUEITiPAKmFPdep3BWH2_cybUeww47ILv7Nh_asbMRTqHJQaXDpcr5GIQmVyIntG-OE6B98eyB7XAtsKFy5MyLZDr6q0mwnlhE_ENIeFVEKT_Z7ry4XAaFhWIwNd03bxb0TxMy2XycjuPppFfHNM7qzaewXXvRBoQ8rZwKoYhe00dgw5Op2qp0KO-WfrcB6KBigQ7rdgPqkxqPTAM7M-7KprPRQOajKduWt2yqFIXChVOGfCET5zU46xhTceCiEPDtsxK1sblB_XFu9g1Tkwy7fC0ipnk5qL8qym5SE1ld5qcMbUlD9sSLxnfiir8I39pvbd80M4C57ZN3GoPBHA8phzFdyZKaAKnkT1BOezu-zV6MglHa6AzjOC8eOhhhe_PTJBrvIlwURqJGZ3koEddtV85EG3Kf-rjbl8CKBEpKBeW2Mj1mBDrGoyZxrFgSfSTDKjO60ga5Ogso0PZ-wAj4ffLMbQk_AM4qVJsFe99ULGUsor-2qBlnJUva1Apna7M1vz9CO3wZ0YbxjiS8eJBY5qq-gUBq7zKq-rfRdbncJN4OMua=w876-h657-no

Don't mind the poop, I cleaned it up after the picture, lol.

When I first walked out to check on him this time, he actually had his head straight and up for a bit. And I hadn't given him any medicine yet. I gave him his first doses of meloxicam and enrofloxacin tonight.
This is good news.:)

Back
Top Bottom