Pigeon Talk

Lol I’ve never thought about it as a toupee! He thinks he owns the place, stealing lettuce from me and throwing it on the floor lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 7
thanks. I did not. It is a split 2nd loft bird from a nice gentleman named Roger. He set me up well. Here's his add in Craigslist. https://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/d/brandenburg-homing-pigeons/7010338535.html Its hatch mate is a pure black. I will breed it to an unrelated black and hope for some pretty pigeons.. :)
What a great contact for you to have made. I like he must see loft and feed!!! Like me when I let go of my first three young ones to a CL buyer.

Howdy everyone! Sorry I’ve been so absent. Just been super busy with life lately, and took a little BYC hiatus.

But I have pigeon news.... I found an egg yesterday! None of my couples have nested since last June and all my babies are now grown up. I’m not sure which female laid the egg, but I took it, and replaced it with a wooden one, since we got below freezing last night. We’ll see what happens today and tomorrow, if she lays another.

What a great contact for you to have made. I like he must see loft and feed!!! Like me when I let go of my first three young ones to a CL buyer.
He is a very experienced fancier. If you are ever going thru KY, get some of his birds. You won't be disappointed. I to like that he must see your loft and feed. It avoids people trying to resell them, since they have good blood.
Cont- Those birds I would believe have awesome European bloodlines, they have a special look.:thumbsup
Unlike my ordinary but healthy racing Homers. LOL
Yeah! He had a ton of colors. He had one, that I wanted so badly, it has golden bars. No, Not a silver or red ash. These bars were meattalic. I didn't ask for it, because he had already given me to many good birds. But eventually I would love to try and get something like that...

Mr. Roger got started in the hobby by someone handing him a box and saying that he could fill it with pigeons for $1. (He grew up in a large city, with all the rooftop fanciers) and he quickly fell in love with the hobby.
Howdy everyone! Sorry I’ve been so absent. Just been super busy with life lately, and took a little BYC hiatus.

But I have pigeon news.... I found an egg yesterday! None of my couples have nested since last June and all my babies are now grown up. I’m not sure which female laid the egg, but I took it, and replaced it with a wooden one, since we got below freezing last night. We’ll see what happens today and tomorrow, if she lays another.
Its WV! :frow I bet the egg was from a young hen, who is unpaired. Where was it?

Its WV! :frow I bet the egg was from a young hen, who is unpaired. Where was it?

It was in a nest that none had used before. I had almost given up looking in nests, its getting really cold here now, but realized the other day that several of them have started adding leaves and twigs to areas that have never been used for nests before.
I'll have to wait until the pair sits to even figure out who it belongs to, since I have some that look like others now, I can't tell them all apart, like I could before! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom