Pigeon Talk

Those ring necks are beautiful!

Peach!! Looks like she's wearing a toupee! Love it....totally adorable!

Serin....has Olive finished her holiday decorating?

We're still at it! Took these photos about 10 minutes ago!

1212191141.jpg
1212191139a.jpg
1212191136a.jpg

Can Olive even take a bad picture? I get a kick out of how she's always right in the middle of things. Never thought pigeons could make such charming house birds.

No. She loves the phone and always poses.

I have kept every sort of bird insude at some point except real poultry. Budgies, finches, canaries, doves, cockatiels, a parrot, quails. She is in a class of her own because she fits in so well and just participates in everything you do without being disruptive. She doesnt ask anything but to be part of any activity. She wins over people who dislike birds because she doesnt act like one - she is something between a very friendly cat and a dog. More loyal than a cat but more self sufficient than a dog. She is calm, mostly walks around, is quiet and is absurdly affectionate but only when you offer it. She doesn't demand ut. For the first six months she only trusted me. Then she warmed up to my aunt. She now goes to everyone for pets though usually prefers women... Except me. I'm still her favorite. I still reccomend a pigeon to anyone who wants a bird over a parrot.

Are they all like this? No, but Olive was just a dropper pigeon in a dark cage for $16 among 12 others a year ago. I think most have the potential, especially the very docile breeds. Homers seem to have a much more aloof temperament. Rowan wasnt like olive but he also had a hard life before I had him.

1212191114a.jpg

Here’s the one in the nest. I don’t even know if it’s mom or dad. :D
Didn’t get a second egg yesterday, so maybe today, she’s on the wooden one.
B9B8D4FB-97AA-4288-98D7-4577CD92291C.jpeg

And a few random pics from this morning too.
the one with the pink leg band had a case of mites a few weeks ago. I treated her and kept her inside for a few days, added the pink band so I could keep an eye on her, but she’s doing great again! She was near skin and bones when I caught it.
1C14F2D2-8384-4521-97C7-9A13F3046ED0.jpeg
657EB0EE-AAB6-4C5B-A765-1AD45B2E8EE7.jpeg
E0F7CB5D-6D5A-4CB1-99A3-3E1FC9CE2F58.jpeg
DCABD35A-9B9C-4A74-A08E-EFC75CE613C6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom