Pigeon Talk

Oh I cant wait to see them! :love
This is the picture from the ad.
Screenshot_20190722-191617.png

How old are these? You probably said but I must have missed it:oops: Are you just going to release them? I read some where about releasing you birds not born to your loft that if you get a bucket of warm water and hold them so there wings are apart and swill them back and forth for 16 times and let them on the landing board. They won't fly off as they are wet and will explore there surroundings more. You can also add borax to the water for a little mite treatment!
Idk... They are unbanded (except for a few), from a racer that can't use them because of that. They are speakers though. He suggested the water also, and add a little soap. I think I might do the water, and have a bath for them out to keep them close. I'm not to worried about them going to far, cause they are very young.

When I fly the older birds, (that are home set to the old loft near it that is going away) I will soap their wings a bit probably...

Last edited:
WOW! Gorgeous!!!

Archangels are so incredibly beautiful but I read that they are bred to be very nervous and wild as part of their standard. Which I think is a shame. I don't see the value in a domesticated animal that is fearful of humans. Definitely not a breed I could keep without an aviary.

The diversity in pigeons just interests me a lot. It's amazing the phenotypic variety they exhibit, they are rivaled only by dogs in their diversity of shape, color and form. They are my favorite bird and have become one of my favorite animals. I never gave them much thought until about two years ago, when I was stricken by how beautiful and entertaining the feral pigeons were on the streets of downtown Chicago. There was a beautiful black one with so much iridescence it looked purple all over spinning around trying to woo a little fawn colored hen, and try as he might she just was not into him but it was so cute to watch. I had never even considered before then that you can keep them.

WOW! Gorgeous!!!

Archangels are so incredibly beautiful but I read that they are bred to be very nervous and wild as part of their standard. Which I think is a shame. I don't see the value in a domesticated animal that is fearful of humans. Definitely not a breed I could keep without an aviary.

The diversity in pigeons just interests me a lot. It's amazing the phenotypic variety they exhibit, they are rivaled only by dogs in their diversity of shape, color and form. They are my favorite bird and have become one of my favorite animals. I never gave them much thought until about two years ago, when I was stricken by how beautiful and entertaining the feral pigeons were on the streets of downtown Chicago. There was a beautiful black one with so much iridescence it looked purple all over spinning around trying to woo a little fawn colored hen, and try as he might she just was not into him but it was so cute to watch. I had never even considered before then that you can keep them.
Hmm. Very interesting. I have never heard of personality being in the standard of a bird for show. Where did you learn this? I would love to look into the subject more.

WOW! Gorgeous!!!

I've read that they are quite a nervy breed. But the same as my racers that tolerate me but hate being handled, some people have racers that fly to you and land on your head! Don't they @biophiliac! I think if they are handled and respected as youngsters they may be a little tamer! They also prefer to spend alot of time grazing more than flying but I don't think I will be flying them for some time! Your absolutely right about the diversity of pigeons. I would never have envisioned where I would be had boomer not decided to stay with me, they are so fascinating in there antics. I couldnt imagine not having them now!

Back
Top Bottom