Pigeon Talk

Fields Mountain Farm

Beyond Poultry Dome
Jun 6, 2017
Dunlap TN
I think you misunderstood! She is actually a Birmingham roller. But I'll be sure to let you know when I get a few extra ports!
I did..:lau
Thanks for correcting me! :highfive:
Id love to know when you some ports to sell! They are so sweet! :love
Well I just got the call I've been waiting for....the stray I released on Saturday finally made it home some time today :yaalbeit a little late! He was grateful for me looking after her and letting her rest. He reckons there may be a chance she may stop over again as she knows where to get a quick bite to eat! I'm gonna start charging rent for these pidgies treating me like a B&B :lau
I have also found a breeder for the archangels. Unfortunately he is in Bristol which is the other side of the country. I know England is small but I still don't fancy a 200 mile drive each way to pick them up! He wants £80 for a cock and a hen, these are show quality with all the vaccinations and paperwork. And it's only £40 to get them shipped to me! I couldn't drive it for that! He is going to hold them for me which is great.
We are going to the auction with the bunnies tomorrow so I'll get an idea of the exact space I've got to work with. I'm still trying to decide the best layout for it.
All fantastic news! :celebrate
So you talked dw into moving the bunnies on for more pidgies??:D

CCUK

Free Flying
Jan 21, 2018
North Notts, UK
My Coop
My Coop
Racers are learning their surrounding for View attachment 1852776 a loft fly on saturday!
How old are these? You probably said but I must have missed it:oops: Are you just going to release them? I read some where about releasing you birds not born to your loft that if you get a bucket of warm water and hold them so there wings are apart and swill them back and forth for 16 times and let them on the landing board. They won't fly off as they are wet and will explore there surroundings more. You can also add borax to the water for a little mite treatment!

Oct 18, 2018
How old are these? You probably said but I must have missed it:oops: Are you just going to release them? I read some where about releasing you birds not born to your loft that if you get a bucket of warm water and hold them so there wings are apart and swill them back and forth for 16 times and let them on the landing board. They won't fly off as they are wet and will explore there surroundings more. You can also add borax to the water for a little mite treatment!
Idk... They are unbanded (except for a few), from a racer that can't use them because of that. They are speakers though. He suggested the water also, and add a little soap. I think I might do the water, and have a bath for them out to keep them close. I'm not to worried about them going to far, cause they are very young.

When I fly the older birds, (that are home set to the old loft near it that is going away) I will soap their wings a bit probably...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom