Pigeon Talk

mixedUPturk

Loves Hatching
May 28, 2015
South LA
Hello all! Can you tell I had a long catch up? :gig

Serin, I love Rosie already. Beautiful bird, and the stories are wonderful. I know what you mean about telling others who are interested. My husband says all I talk about is my birds. Now every time I want to tell him something, I start with “I have a bird story, wanna hear it?” :gig

Lisa and BP!! :love Great pic and the birds are awesome! Looks like you both are pleased with the outcome. I still want to see the rescued feral. Did I miss a pic of it?

Turk, I think it’s soooo cool that DH wants some pigeons. They really are easy and cheap to care for, so a few birds just for pleasure isn’t a bad thing! Just be sure he looks at lots of varieties before choosing one. There are so many. Fantails intrigued me until I saw them in person. They are beautiful, but just weren’t for me. I know sometimes it’s easiest to get what’s available, but have him do some research before picking any ole birds. :D
Well right now im struggling to find an npip breeder :( no one on CL is certified and i almost am so idk :( thank goodness he isnt ready to jump on it yet but he is utterly fascinated.

Omg yes i am the same way to dh "i have a bird story wanna hear it?" :gig if im not talkn about the birds or the children then idk what to say :lau

Oct 18, 2018
Well right now im struggling to find an npip breeder :( no one on CL is certified and i almost am so idk :( thank goodness he isnt ready to jump on it yet but he is utterly fascinated.

Omg yes i am the same way to dh "i have a bird story wanna hear it?" :gig if im not talkn about the birds or the children then idk what to say :lau
Hmm. Most pigeon fanciers, are not worried about NPIP.... Infact, most are going to be a country guy with a long beard that hasn't heard of such... :gig

Have you looked into shipping birds? It's incredibly expensibe, but you'll just have to get a bunch to make it worth it! :D

Fields Mountain Farm

Beyond Poultry Dome
Jun 6, 2017
Dunlap TN

Im the same as you and WV.. most of my chatter involves my critters and kids..:gig

I know nothing about npip.. If I were a man, BP probably described what Id look like to a t! :lau

Last edited:

mixedUPturk

Loves Hatching
May 28, 2015
South LA
Its really not hard and til u get the AI testing down here its free too. It also doesnt mean much it only eliminates 2 or 3 diseases But it means legal shipping So yea i gotta do it, cuz if im fined thousands of dollars i wont be able to afford to ever keep my birds again and that would kill me. If we waited til we moved i have to be recertified at that time anyway so no im Not paying insane shipping prices or getting abunch of em to make it worth it :lau nice try tho BP :p

Fields Mountain Farm

Beyond Poultry Dome
Jun 6, 2017
Dunlap TN
Its really not hard and til u get the AI testing down here its free too. It also doesnt mean much it only eliminates 2 or 3 diseases But it means legal shipping So yea i gotta do it, cuz if im fined thousands of dollars i wont be able to afford to ever keep my birds again and that would kill me. If we waited til we moved i have to be recertified at that time anyway so no im Not paying insane shipping prices or getting abunch of em to make it worth it :lau nice try tho BP :p
BP is quite the enabler isnt he?:gig

Oct 18, 2018
thought it was worth a shot... :D

Try fancypigeonauction online... Lots of good birds there. and the shipping is actual, so it isn't insane of the actual birds are cheap.

Top Bottom