Pigeon Talk

Well I sure feel like I am going to have a surplus of cocks in my 12 birds. Lots of cooing on, and I think I may only have 2 hens but sure hoping for more.
You can use that to an advantage in your training. Your numbers are what they are, and not much you can do except the obvious of rehoming or such.
Train only the cocks, and see if the return times get better, and the trapping is more instant. (VS the flock hanging, and chilling in the trees when they return).. Leave the hens at home. Then you just include the hens in your later tosses. The flock fly as a group, so hens not likely to get lost,,,,,, since will be flying with whole group.

You can use that to an advantage in your training. Your numbers are what they are, and not much you can do except the obvious of rehoming or such.
Train only the cocks, and see if the return times get better, and the trapping is more instant. (VS the flock hanging, and chilling in the trees when they return).. Leave the hens at home. Then you just include the hens in your later tosses. The flock fly as a group, so hens not likely to get lost,,,,,, since will be flying with whole group.
Im planning on doing another toss tomorrow so I will plan on keeping the hens in. Thankyou for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom