Pigeon Talk

One of my young birds seems to have a slight dent in his keel bone. Anyone ever seen this? Instead of one smooth curve he has a small convex area that can be clearly felt, and the muscle and flesh underneath follows the path of the bone.
He is healthy otherwise, haven’t really flown him yet so I wonder if it will impact him.

Attachments

• CAB66061-A6EA-4F11-9FFF-6A54A99EBBAE.jpeg
    CAB66061-A6EA-4F11-9FFF-6A54A99EBBAE.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 3
I’m curious about this too. I keep seeing an ad for lime on coop floors on Instagram. Anybody tried it?
Hi :frow I don't think you have pigeons, but the lime could apply to both pigeons, and chickens, as well as housing for other animals. The lime kills all sort of insects. That must be the reason for using it on the coop floors. I already explained my way of treating the coop bedding in previous posts here, and you may have read it.
If I was to use lime, (in granular form) I would definitely use only garden lime. I would avoid using Hydrated lime, in those places since it is caustic, and can cause burns.
I have in the past used the hydrated lime, and made a whitewash. Applied it to the interior walls of a garden shed that I had. Kept insects in control. (meaning, I did not see many insects, including spiders inside.)
Hydrated lime as a whitewash, when dried is no longer very caustic, and does not seem to cause burns at that point. Keeps insects away, as being undesirable for them to travel across.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Hi :frow I don't think you have pigeons, but the lime could apply to both pigeons, and chickens, as well as housing for other animals. The lime kills all sort of insects. That must be the reason for using it on the coop floors. I already explained my way of treating the coop bedding in previous posts here, and you may have read it.
If I was to use lime, (in granular form) I would definitely use only garden lime. I would avoid using Hydrated lime, in those places since it is caustic, and can cause burns.
I have in the past used the hydrated lime, and made a whitewash. Applied it to the interior walls of a garden shed that I had. Kept insects in control. (meaning, I did not see many insects, including spiders inside.)
Hydrated lime as a whitewash, when dried is no longer very caustic, and does not seem to cause burns at that point. Keeps insects away, as being undesirable for them to travel across.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
Thanks Cavy! I don’t have pigeons, but my grandpa used to & who knows what will land on the broom in the future, so I like to lurk around. The next time that ad pops up I’ll pay better attention to what type of lime it is.

Back
Top Bottom