Pigeons ha e gone out please help

DO you feed them any treats? I feed my chickens meal worms, I don't know about pigeons though. I you do, then my chickens are trained to the sound of the bag rustling when I open it to give them a handful, I bet if you go inside the shop and you shake the bag of treats, if you feed them treats, they will come in. If you don't, then maybe get some and toss some on ground. They will likely come down to investigate the snack, and decide they like it. then you can throw some inside the loft and hopefully they will come in. That is what I do with chickens who don't wan to go back in the coop, after free range time. Good luck!
The only thing I’ve fed them is pigeon food and then some additional grit . I shake the food but he didn’t come . One of the pigeons now comes and goes no problem in and out of the loft the other one dosnt he stays nearby but hasn’t come back into the loft . Yesterday I didn’t see him at all so I’m a bit worried and I hope I catch sight of him today

Maybe you can try to start feeding them yourself. So instead of having a buffet feeder, you can feed them at certain times, then when the pigeons you want in, ar hungry, they will find the buffet feeder gone, and will hang around waiting for food. Then you can come out with how much food they need, or just a pan of food in general, and put it in the loft. Then he will come in to eat, and you will shut him in the loft. We did this with a cat that was afraid of us, we only fed her when we were there, and then she warmed up to us right quick. It may work, unless he decides to go somewhere else to find food, if there is no feeder, but it is likely he will hang around because that is where he has eaten his whole life. Good luck, Avery

The one that goes in the shed... shut the door and catch it. Put it in a smallish wire bird or wire rabbit cage.

Put this outside on the ground where the other pigeon can see it and where it has been walking before.

Put a feeder next to the on in the cage with pigeon mix.

Over the feeder put a large wire basket, or cage with no bottom, or even a large box. Prop it up with a stick attacked to a string.

Stand well back, hide, whatever and wait till the other pigeon flies down and starts to eat the food. He will be attracted to the food and the other pigeon. Then simply pull the string and the cage will fall over him, trapping him.

be careful getting it out not to loose it. You could have a small door in the larger box / cage to put you hand in to get it, rather than having to lift up the bottom of the box.

Put the pigeons both back in the coop and let them settle down. T he next day start training them to come for feed 1 X a day. After they fill up, take the feed out. Never leave feed in there all the time as they won't be hungry to come back.

Once they are good at coming to the feeder when you call them, and are not scared of you, then you can start to let them out again, calling them back in etc.

Once they are being good, you can divide their feed ration up into 2 smaller servings, morning and late afternoon.

Good luck.

The one that goes in the shed... shut the door and catch it. Put it in a smallish wire bird or wire rabbit cage.

Put this outside on the ground where the other pigeon can see it and where it has been walking before.

Put a feeder next to the on in the cage with pigeon mix.

Over the feeder put a large wire basket, or cage with no bottom, or even a large box. Prop it up with a stick attacked to a string.

Stand well back, hide, whatever and wait till the other pigeon flies down and starts to eat the food. He will be attracted to the food and the other pigeon. Then simply pull the string and the cage will fall over him, trapping him.

be careful getting it out not to loose it. You could have a small door in the larger box / cage to put you hand in to get it, rather than having to lift up the bottom of the box.

Put the pigeons both back in the coop and let them settle down. T he next day start training them to come for feed 1 X a day. After they fill up, take the feed out. Never leave feed in there all the time as they won't be hungry to come back.

Once they are good at coming to the feeder when you call them, and are not scared of you, then you can start to let them out again, calling them back in etc.

Once they are being good, you can divide their feed ration up into 2 smaller servings, morning and late afternoon.

Good luck.
This is fab Thankyou however the second pigeon I havnt seen for three days .... I’m worried 😟 the other one is great joe comes and hues from the shed and I feel I can trust it now x

Back
Top Bottom