Pine shavings?

We just made this for the coop to sit on. Will this do?

Is that 3/4" plywood? Blooming heavy if it is!

How long does that concrete pad generally take to dry before the coop was on it?

I think you have a good idea there.....airspace under the coop floor and separating the shavings from wet concrete.

Hello Everyone I am new to BYC as far as posting but I have been stalking you guys for a while...(in a nice way that is) :) I wanted to post a photo of my chicky babies so someone can tell me what breed they are. I am new also to raising chicks, hatched 4 chicks and 4 ducks early April. Been having a lot of fun with them though the ducks are at my child care facility for now. I plan to bring two of them home with my two chicks in the pic. Don't know exactly how that's gonna work but gonna try it.

Attachments

• COOPER n PENNY.jpg
    COOPER n PENNY.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 9
Is that 3/4" plywood? Blooming heavy if it is!

How long does that concrete pad generally take to dry before the coop was on it?

I think you have a good idea there.....airspace under the coop floor and separating the shavings from wet concrete.
Yes it is VERY heavy lol it doesn’t take that long to dry. We are having a big storm right now and then i will let it dry tomorrow and put the coop on it Wednesday....hoping this works? I’m running out of funds for this haha but want to make sure it will do

Hello Everyone I am new to BYC as far as posting but I have been stalking you guys for a while...(in a nice way that is) :) I wanted to post a photo of my chicky babies so someone can tell me what breed they are. I am new also to raising chicks, hatched 4 chicks and 4 ducks early April. Been having a lot of fun with them though the ducks are at my child care facility for now. I plan to bring two of them home with my two chicks in the pic. Don't know exactly how that's gonna work but gonna try it.

Probably best to post a thread here....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/quote

Lots of great folks will answer.

Yes it is VERY heavy lol it doesn’t take that long to dry. We are having a big storm right now and then i will let it dry tomorrow and put the coop on it Wednesday....hoping this works? I’m running out of funds for this haha but want to make sure it will do

I know that running low on dough feeling all to well.

I think it will work. Sheds sit just above the ground level, people plant flowers and water them right up against those.

Hello Everyone I am new to BYC as far as posting but I have been stalking you guys for a while...(in a nice way that is) :) I wanted to post a photo of my chicky babies so someone can tell me what breed they are. I am new also to raising chicks, hatched 4 chicks and 4 ducks early April. Been having a lot of fun with them though the ducks are at my child care facility for now. I plan to bring two of them home with my two chicks in the pic. Don't know exactly how that's gonna work but gonna try it

i see your chicks, hmm. Im not chick owner, just an owner of 2 Pekin ducklings. You would PROBALY have to find articles on chickens, then maybe people will see more. Good luck getting your answers! Xx

Back
Top Bottom