Pinellas Park, FL chicken swap / tack re-sell it 05/22/11 (Sunday)

K9ThorsMom

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 25, 2010
Pinellas County, FL
Hosting a chicken swap, and tack re-sell it day on Sunday, May 22, 2011...This will be at a private horse ranch in Pinellas Park, and we will have use of one of the large, grass pastures. Chickens and other fowl are welcome, as well as other farm animals (goats, sheep, mini horses, etc)...If anyone is interested in bringing a "full-size" horse, or anything on the "large" size, please PM me so I can make sure we can accommodate you...

Anyone attending is also encouraged to clean out their tack rooms and bring any unwanted horse tack or farm supplies to sell...

Swap hours will be from 9am-2pm (with setup starting at 8am)...PLEASE bring tents or canopies or tarps or SOMETHING for you and your animals, because this is Florida, and it's HOT and the pasture does not offer any shade...water from the well on the property will be available for duck pools, and drinking water is available for any larger animals (please bring your own water buckets or bowls)...

Snack food will be available for purchase (hot dogs, possibly hamburgers, chips, soda and water)...you're welcome to bring your own food too!

Please keep in mind, this is a private horse ranch, so any visitors will need to remain in the designated pasture and parking areas (we have horses, and though friendly, they can spook, and we don't want anyone getting injured!)

If anyone is interested in coming to sell (animals or tack), please PM me or respond in this thread so I can keep track as to how big this event will be (and to make sure we have adequate room!)...

I will post the address and final details as the event gets closer!

Hehehe you see what happens?! You buy a few chicks, at a swap...next thing you know, you're hosting "chicken swaps." lol
gig.gif

I should be able to make this one. I like that fact, that it's on a Sunday.

Horse tack is allowed too? Good. That will give me a good reason, to clean out my tack shed. I know I have a Crosby English Saddle, Childs english saddle, Synthetic western saddle, a Paso Fino med spoon bit, and 2 rubber maid storage tubs FULL of old horse tack, I no longer need nor use.

Looking forward to it!!
I'll be sure to bring some GL Cochin chicks too.
wink.png

Hi folks! I thought I might have some Speckled Sussex to bring, but it looks like all the eggs are duds
sad.png

I'll come by just to say hi, though! Have you advertised on Craig's List?

I did...and it got flagged :-/
So I reposted it and no one has responded...doesn't look like there is really anyone interested, so we are making it more themed for horse stuff...oh well...people are still welcome to bring their birds, but I'm not sure there will be much of a market for them...

We are in PP also and I just started looking for another girl. We are looking for one who is either just laying or close to laying, one who is good production type, docile and quiet. The girls we currently have are about 1 year old and include an Astrolorp, 2 EEs, Wyandotte, Brahma, Dominicker and one of questionable parentage. We had 8 and one, a Jersey Giant, unfortunately died egg bound. We didn't know and we were sad she suffered but were not unhappy that she is no longer in the coop since she was a problem (not as nice as the rest of our girls).

So, will there be many coming with girls? It sounds like there isn't a lot of response on this meet. Have you let them know at Park Feed?

We will be there no matter what but just wondered if we should look at another meet for a girl.

We have one girl who is about 1 year old and lays nice medium sized brown eggs. I don't know the breed but she is smaller than our other hens (but not a bantam) and black and white. We will be bringing her and maybe an EE if it's a boy.

Andrea,

We were going to try and make this swap...but my vacation starts this Sat...and I have SOOOOO much to do around here.
I hope you have a great turn out, and find some more chickens. to move into the BF's house. lol

P.S. I have been selling and swapping most of my GL Cochin eggs, so I don't have any chicks hatched right now. BUT, I promise to "owe you one" next time we meet.
wink.png

Melody

Wow, I totally forgot to post the address...derr!!! Sorry, it's 6400 90th Ave N. in Pinellas Park 33782 Easiest way to get there is to take 66th St. N. to 90th Ave N (near the railroad tracks) and take 90th Ave to 64th St...the house faces 90th Ave, but the entrance gate to the ranch is off 64th St...we will have signs up pointing to the entrance...so far I haven't heard from many people bringing poultry, so I'm not sure how it will go...I do know there were several people interested in bringing horse stuff...I have placed ads on Craigslist and in the local feed stores and dropped off fliers at the other local barns...we shall see! Also, for anyone wondering- we have decided that there will NOT be any kind of setup fee for people wanting to sell their animals or tack...also, PLEASE bring some sort of covering or shade for you and your animals...the pasture is open and sunny and doesn't offer any relief from this hot Florida sun...
Oh, and if anyone is interested, I *may* bring one of my RIR pullets...at least I'm pretty sure it's a pullet to offer her for sale or maybe trade if anyone is interested...she's approx. 4 months old, and has NOT started laying yet...may be interested in trading her for a white leghorn or EE pullet / laying hen...

Also, I know the barn owner has a few animals for sale: mini jack, mini horse stallion, a pair of white geese, and a few ducks (not sure of the breeds, but there is a black and white one that lays green eggs...she's paired with a solid black male that has a pretty shimer to him)...we may have a small horse trailer and a few other mini horses for sale too (a 12 yo paint mare- beautiful and sweet, her 3 yo stallion son who is also sweet (he's chocolate brown), and an almost 1 year old filly that is palomino colored and still losing her winter coat...she's kinda funny looking, but kinda cute at the same time...lol...sweet, but still learning, and can actually be bratty at times...anyways, their owner hasn't decided yet if any of them are for sale, but they live on property, so they are available for viewing...to be honest, I really like the 12 yo mare, and probably wouldn't let her sell her to anyone but me
smile.png

Anyways, if anyone has any questions, please email me at [email protected], as I'm running around the next few days, and can't always check the board...

Back
Top Bottom