PINK SHOWGIRL!!! County Fair Picture

Too funny.

Mine were actually red last week. Because they were being temporarily housed with some red mulch and my white silkies thought it would be too funny to roll all in it.

I bathed them really good and now they are just lightly pink.

Quote:
Tell her to look it up in wikipedia:

A showgirl is a dancer or performer in a stage entertainment show.

"Showgirl" is often used as a term for a promotional model in trade fairs and car shows, etc. These young women often have no dance or entertainment skills but are there to attract attention to their sponsors' products with their beauty.

She's a retired English teacher and I know her respose would be that that's one definition among many. I'm not going to argue with her. I was just surprised that something that seems to me so harmless could get such a strong reaction. Another example of how it takes all kinds...

I already told my 12-year old that she could NOT dye her silkie blue....

Pale blue would be so attractive!
wink.png

Quote:
I know. He's already a pale silver gray. I can so visualize him pale blue that it scares me. That's why I told DD not to ask ~ so she wouldn't tempt me!!

Quote:
I've entered him in the TN Valley Fair. Think it would wash out in time?

I'm so bummed. No grown-ups want to go the fair with me
hit.gif
Even DH is trying to squirm out of it.

Hey, I'm gonna go to the fair one day to check out the Poultry. Course, DH & DD are also likely to go too... not sure which day yet but I'll try & pin that down & let you know.

You've entered your silkie?! Cute! No then, don't stain him, it probably won't wash out in time. But when he returns.. now that's another story!

big_smile.png

Your husband won't go to the fair with you?

My husband had a single dog growing up that stayed outside. Very cityfied.

Since living with me he has learned to like animals and now if the fair comes to town, he doesn't care about the rides, he wants to go play with the animals!

Quote:
IF he returns. He's supposed to be DD's chicken but she never really pets him or anything. I think we may see if we can sell him at the fair. It's not like I don't have 3 dozen eggs in the bator to replace him...

Yeah, DH isn't that into the fair. He was willing to go if some other friends went with us, but they don't want to go. They lost their whole flock to predators in June, don't want to replace their birds, and think visiting the poultry barn would be too depressing.
There's a lot more to see besides the poultry barn, but I don't feel like arguing with anyone.

Let me know when you go to the fair, bodyflight, and maybe we can at least meet one another. Seeing as how we're practically neighbors, you know! I think I will for sure go Saturday late morning to do the livestock tour.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom