pink silkies

Well, this is not a Silkie, but my neighbor has a rooster that is a cross between White Rock and Buff Orp, and he is the most beautiful Lemon Cuckoo you could ever lay eyes on! He is YELLOW, not buff or dun, but YELLOW!

Quote:
Shall we bet on MI?

That was certainly my best guess!

Initials CWF??? lol

About 3-4 years ago there was Debbie Greiner in CT that claimed she had white silkies with a pinkish/salmon undercast to them. I never saw pics of them so not sure what to think. I know she had cancer and had to liquidate most/all of her stock when she went through treatment a few years ago.

Quote:
That was certainly my best guess!

Initials CWF??? lol

About 3-4 years ago there was Debbie Greiner in CT that claimed she had white silkies with a pinkish/salmon undercast to them. I never saw pics of them so not sure what to think. I know she had cancer and had to liquidate most/all of her stock when she went through treatment a few years ago.

LOL, yep

I am pretending that I did not open this thread and read about the PINK SILKIES!!!!!!!!

I don't need anymore chickens.

lol.png

Last edited:
C'mon Pink, we all know they are like Lays potato chips and Oreo cookies!
lol.png

Seriously, I can see a salmon coloring coming through, but never pink! What genes could possibly produce pink? If we can't even get chocolate working right in chickens, then where would any shade of true red get worked in? Sounds like someone needs to take off their rose colored glasses to me.

Quote:
X2 People dye silkies all the time and try to sell them as "pink" silkies that stay that way, but it wears off later.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom