Pip crowing!

Actually, we got 4 day old chicks back in May [sexed pullets, and all were pullets!] and, that did absolutely nothing when we introduced them at 12 weeks. She is quite fun and cheeky, and apart from the crowing, probably my second most behaved hen. She is the sweetie of the 2 white ones. Just thinking if maybe "Boot-camp for Chickens with Bad Behavior" or something might help, like lending her to a friend with a rooster or something.

Most consider "culling" to be beheading, I myself consider it removing 1 from the flock as in re-homing, I do eat a few roo's.

So if you can re-home this bird, or IF you can have and want a rooster (they may fight for top place, and would be a trade off as to who crows). Re-homing would be the short easy fix, maybe trade her for another hen.?!

I sold a few birds to my sister, with a rooster. She said they did not want him, and I told her "then eat him"! Once home they fell in luv with him and now wonder why they did not want one! But he has a really good personality,, not all do.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom