PIP PIP..................mostly dry Lola pics added pg. 10

Quote:
lol it's kool i'm just sleepy is all but i can't sleep cuz i'm to excited about my eggs.... last night i didn't go to bed until 6am..lol... i took off work for the rest of the week so i'm good
smile.png
.. thank god for leave..lol

LOL....I don't mind the hijack.....I kinda think this is a nice little chatty thread anyway.
smile.png
I am enjoying the company. Sorry you are confused, birdboy....must be a woman thing. LOL Wow....your sleep patterns sound just like mine.

The baby is just about out. He has it all opened up but decided to rest for a bit. I am so ready for this to be over.

You military, birdboy? You said you are on leave. If it helps any, I am excited about your eggs too. I swear it starts feeling like family around here.
smile.png

Quote:
Nope no military here although i have been asked more than once about it
hmm.png

when i said leave i ment work.. i have leave with pay meaning since i took off for the rest of the week i'm still getting paid.
smile.png

and yes we are all one big happy chicken loving family
smile.png

Well, baby #2 is now here. Cute, cute, cute!!! And right now he is napping in an area of the bator that I can't get his pic.
somad.gif
Monster child!!! Baby #1 got booted out already. She was about to kill him while he hatched. She was on his head and rolling him everywhere. So, when she was close to one side I slipped my hand in and grabbed her out. I got her an article of clothing of unmentionable origin (this is a family friendly site...LOL) that just happens to have feather trim. She is in the brooder snuggled up to it now.
smile.png

So, should I worry about the one I heard scratching hours ago that hasn't pipped yet? I haven't heard any sound from him in a LONG time and now movement from the egg either. The others aren't doing anything either, but tehy didn't start making noise then stop.

Quote:
LOL your to funny!!

and i wouldn't worry until later during the day if nothing happens then then yea time to worry.... what day are you on again? cuz if it will be pass 21 and nothing still i would say time to candle.

i know i'm starting to worry cuz my hatcher i just check on it and the temp has went up a few...the temp in my hatcher has been staying at 100 all night but now all a sudden it went up to like 103.. i'm scared!!.. so i put 2 more holes on the side of it to bring the temp down maybe that will help it

Quote:
Thanks, I needed that laugh!
gig.gif
Ooh man, my mind is just horrible but I'll just leave at I'm thinking this chick should be named Lola, the showgirl chicken
wink.png

Yay for the latest hatchling. I bet he's adorable but I do expect pictures when he's not so camera shy.
big_smile.png

As for the scratching, I wouldn't worry too much unless there's no action for 12+ hours... then I'd candle and go from there. I have been known to evict them myself if I feel they're in trouble with good luck... But I'll send good luck thoughts to him.
fl.gif

This hatching business is stressful... I'm glad I don't have access to an incubator or I'd be even more dangerous. I harass my broody enough as is, luckily, she's a pet who doesn't really care.

Well, right now is the very start of day 21. I wouldn't be worried if he hadn't teased me a bit earlier then did NOTHING. I will probably give him a few more hours and then candle him.

Do you think the temp may have gone up because the babies are moving around and getting ready to hatch? I realize that sounds stupid...and I know they move al the time anyway, but it seems like they would put out more heat getting all geared up for a hatch? I am sure they are fine. As close as you are watching it, the temps couldn't have been high for very long. But, just to be safe, I am crossing my fingers for the little guys.
fl.gif

I am afraid my little lady may have just got herself a name!!!
lau.gif
That is just too funny and now I am gonna always think of that anyway, may as well name her that!!! I can just see me explaining her name to people!!!
gig.gif

Glad your little broody is so tolerant of you.
smile.png
I wish one of mine would go broody for more than 5 minutes!!!

Quote:
Yea your right about sometimes the temp will go up cuz the chicks cuz my last hatch the temp went up to 103 but ..the only thing wrong with whats going on now is that i don't have the eggs in the hatcher yet...lol

i was gonna wait till 7am to put them in
hmm.png

Lol
yea my homemade hatcher is getting on my nervs.. i'm just thinking about moving some of the quail eggs in my bator around and taking one turner rack out and letting the chicken eggs hatch in there since the temp in there stays steady

this just brings me back to when i made a homemade bator.. that thing was about to put me in a crazy home..it made me so made that instead of just throwin it away i burned it..LOL

Back
Top Bottom