Pipi chick...injured wing*UPDATED*maybe infected??

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
I posted this in the injury board, but since its a chick, maybe you guys can help too??

i dropped by TSC and this little one was given to me- they do that alot..
smile.png
anyway, i have her in isolation, she is drinking water, and resting, is there anything i can do for her- maybe neosporin on her wing??

pipi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to tell which it is. As long as she's eating/drinking, she'll probably heal in no time.

It's ok to put an ointment on it as long as it has no topical painkiller (ingredients that end in -caine). At my doc's recommendation, I only keep bacitracyn in my home, as some 10-25% of the population is allergic to neosporin.

Info about the allergy: http://kdka.com/topstories/neosporin.allegeric.reactions.2.378963.html

Thanks for your help- i did put some neosporin on it, here are some other pics- she is drinking water, and eating, i have a cage top of an old bird cage around her so she can see the others- and when i held her just now she 'purred' that sound some chicks make...

pipi2.jpg

pipi4.jpg

Thanks- i am a chronic rescuer- besides the chicks, i have 2 starlings, a one winged blue jay and a once was paralyzed sparrow.... always does my heart good to see one recover!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom