Pipped Serama egg

leecey411

Crowing
16 Years
May 31, 2007
I pipped the little Serama egg, and now time will tell. It was scary but I was afraid I would loose her if I did nothing. I took an eyeglass screwdriver and scaped the shell until it was cracked and the broke away pieces with a dull tweezer. The egg is back in the incubator and I just pray it will be ok. I helped my two silkies and they are doing great!

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Dawn

leecy.

several things can affect serama's hatch rates and mortality. i will be happy to send you eggs for the shipping as i hate to see you are one of the very few having hatch problems with my eggs.

just a note, if you are hatching reg chicken eggs with the serama's and basing the settings in the hot box for silkies and such, the serama's setting are a little different as these are from jungle fowl lines and need 99.5 - 100 degree's and over 60% humidity..

just a idea

frank

CONGRATS... I have found if you keep the humidity up to 70 or more (for seramas) your hatch rate goes WAY up (we have been averaging 95% hatches) .. keep the bator door closed once pipping starts as much as possible and if you do need to open it put a wet wash cloth inside to re-adjust the humidity quickly :O)
Denna

Back
Top Bottom