Serama eggs day 18 - under a broody, no peeping..

Johnchickens2

Songster
7 Years
Apr 18, 2017
Hi there :)
Its day 18 of my serama eggs under a broody (their own mother)... Today when she took her break I gently tapped the eggs next to my ear but heard nothing inside.
Is it too early to worry? I have been told that serama hatch on day 18-19 ...
In about 7 hours - day 19 will start...

Thank you all

I know that they always say that no worries should be if there is a broody hen who knows best. But I'm worried anyway since it's almost day 19 already, and the eggs are very small ...

5 eggs. All had movement and veins on day 16 when candled...
Should I try to candle again now? We are getting closer to day 19....
You can check and see if they are working on their internal pips. If you see movement but no internal pipping they'll probably hatch around day 20-21, not 18-19 Try not to worry about them until after 21 days. :hugs

You can check and see if they are working on their internal pips. If you see movement but no internal pipping they'll probably hatch around day 20-21, not 18-19 Try not to worry about them until after 21 days. :hugs
Thank you :)
It wouldn't harm them if I candle now, right? And should I put them back on the same position they were when I took them? I'll have to take them home to candle when she is on her break. Is that ok?

Thank you :)
It wouldn't harm them if I candle now, right? And should I put them back on the same position they were when I took them? I'll have to take them home to candle when she is on her break. Is that ok?
Where is her nest? You can always go out at night with a flashlight and candle them on site.

Back
Top Bottom