Pipping has begun. I have 2 questions, incite please 🙂

Kateb910

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2020
Hi everyone. My eggs are starting to pip, and one question is i have a chick pipped at the blunt end of the egg not the side. Is this a really bad thing? 2nd question once a chick is hatched itll move around unhatched eggs what if a pipped egg gets moved to where the pip is facing down?. Any thoughts or experiences with these?

The pip should be fine. As for after hatch Yes some do knock eggs around in my experience the unhatched chicks are fine and still hatch like normal. You should leave hatched chicks in the bator as long as possible, wait til they are dry and all or most have hatched. If the bator gets to crowded then quickly remove them but its not suggested until all have hatched.

Hatched chicks chirping encourage others to hatch.

x2.
Pipping the wrong side isn't a cause for concern.
They just skip the internal pip part.
I had two out of six pip the wrong end with some of my Buffs, and both hatched fine. Lockdown is lockdown. If the eggs get moved a bit it will be fine. Just let them do their thing.
sounds like its the right end just at the tip of the blunt end not the side to me... Pictures will help, if its the pointy end keep a closer eye on it

The pip should be fine. As for after hatch Yes some do knock eggs around in my experience the unhatched chicks are fine and still hatch like normal. You should leave hatched chicks in the bator as long as possible, wait til they are dry and all or most have hatched. If the bator gets to crowded then quickly remove them but its not suggested until all have hatched.

Hatched chicks chirping encourage others to hatch.
Thank you, this is my second hatch my first time was a learning experience. This time i know a little more but wanna avoid making the same mistakes twice

x2.
Pipping the wrong side isn't a cause for concern.
They just skip the internal pip part.
I had two out of six pip the wrong end with some of my Buffs, and both hatched fine. Lockdown is lockdown. If the eggs get moved a bit it will be fine. Just let them do their thing.
This go around im trying not ti jump the gun and open incubator my first hatch i made that mistake

My first hatch was about 5 years ago.....AND I get a hen to do it for me - but I still can't relax.
Enjoy your hatching, and ~try~ not to worry too much.
I'm sure there will be life soon.

sounds like its the right end just at the tip of the blunt end not the side to me... Pictures will help, if its the pointy end keep a closer eye on it
Screenshot_20200722-201950_Photo Editor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom