Pipping now!!!

I candled the rest of the eggs in the incubator just now. I am leaving five eggs in because they look like they are still viable. Five looked like they were never fertilized and just look like eggs. One looked like at some point it started to develop but stopped a while ago. Looked like a small dark embryo. The ones that I am leaving in the incubator were put in 21 days ago today

good deal...may still hatch some babies. I always count the day i placed them in the incubators as day zero. Imma say the others should start peeping tomorrow....if not late today. sometimes whenever i candle them the last time before lockdown, i try to judge by the weight of the egg. if theres a chick in there almost ready to come out then it will be a touch heavier. no scales just my own judgement.

good deal...may still hatch some babies. I always count the day i placed them in the incubators as day zero. Imma say the others should start peeping tomorrow....if not late today. sometimes whenever i candle them the last time before lockdown, i try to judge by the weight of the egg. if theres a chick in there almost ready to come out then it will be a touch heavier. no scales just my own judgement.
Ok good because these feel dense , like the little baby did yesterday . I’m definitely not opening the lid again and just going to wait and watch :)

Its a good sign that you were unable to see anything, this late in development all you should see is a air sac. Because the chick is taking up the whole egg ready to hatch. Unless you have a super duper candler, its really hard to see. im impressed tho you could tell the difference when you candled. Thats great. see u got this!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom