Lots of people ask me about the things I know a lot about so I've decided ot make a thread where you can ask me questions about any of these things:
  • Broody hens
  • Hatching
  • Helping to hatch
  • Raising chicks
  • Saving weak chicks
  • Sexing silkies
  • Raising chickens (specifically bantams) in general
  • Any other advice
Please ask away! You can also post links to threads (your threads or someone else's) about any of those topics so I can find them and help out!

If you know about these stuff too, feel free to answer some as well. @Silkie Princess you know about broodies, and @LadiesAndJane you know about silkie sexing.

Hopefully we can end up with a large gathering of information so newbies can stop by and learn!
I have a question about silkies and it wasn't in the list. Just wondering if anyone has any advice any taming a silkie Cockrel. No matter how many treats I give my baby he hates me. And everyone.

I have a question about silkies and it wasn't in the list. Just wondering if anyone has any advice any taming a silkie Cockrel. No matter how many treats I give my baby he hates me. And everyone.
how old is he? Roos around the age 5-8 months are in their hormonal stage. They usually calm down afterwards unless you just have a jerk.
Just show him who's boss and if he tries to attack you, grab him and hold him down onto the ground, then carry him around for a bit.

I have a hen sitting. My husband just built a new nesting box. Now he wants to move the eggs to the new box and take the old nest box out. How will that affect the hen and her eggs? She has been sitting for about 2 weeks.
Some hens will be fine with change, but many aren't and you risk her giving up on the eggs. I'd wait unril the eggs all hatch, then move her and her chicks to the new box.

how old is he? Roos around the age 5-8 months are in their hormonal stage. They usually calm down afterwards unless you just have a jerk.
Just show him who's boss and if he tries to attack you, grab him and hold him down onto the ground, then carry him around for a bit.
He is almost a year maybe 10 months, I will try that. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom