Songster
8 Years
May 31, 2011
California

Piko

So far, the nameless Silkie girl

This is going to be interesting. Chicks are due in about a week and a half

Anyone have a similar cross?

i have basically bread that before :) norlally mine turn out dun/black but then a pea comb and see that sort of fluffy hat the bantam has the have that aswell :)

I'd wonder what kind of temperament chicks would have. Game bird father and mild mannered silkie. Was this an accidental breeding or did you intend it to be this way?

I picked up a trio of hens, the only rooster that was there was a white bantam silky, now I waited 2 weeks to save eggs to hatch. The hens are 1 blue ameraucana that was just coming out of molt and not laying, a RIR laying, and a bared rock which started laying a week after I got her (I think this is the mother). Odd thing to me is it is now the biggest chick!

The camera shows the feathers white, they look yellow to the eye,

I hope this is a girl (too many roo's now) cause Debby loves this thing!

It wasn't accidental or on purpose, actually. He's one of my two roosters, the only mature one, and he mated with her. Well she went broody in her cage over just ONE egg so I decided to test if they were fertile and took some out of the fridge. THEY ALL STARTED GROWING! So I stuck 3 other eggs under her, she has 7. 4 are hers the rest are assorted stuff from my friend.

Also I think Piko has OEGB in him as well, he hatched out of a OEGB egg, but CLEARLY isn't one. He's handsome though, I wanna see the babes! haha, I'll be posting' pics.

And I hope you have a girl too! My Piko was a chipmunk too but his color was light, Aiko was one too but dark and she turned out a pretty little hen. It's hard to know .-.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom