Pizza Dough Recipe (pics added! 2-5-09)

This is weird, that is my pizza dough recipe too!! I only use olive oil and double this. I make pizza ahead and freeze for those days when we are busy and need something quick.
Love your pictures.

Chickee's Mom :

This is weird, that is my pizza dough recipe too!! I only use olive oil and double this. I make pizza ahead and freeze for those days when we are busy and need something quick.
Love your pictures.

i made two also. (with five of us, it makes sense to make enough for left overs.)

olive oil is great with this recipe. sometimes i dust the edges with parmesan cheese.

my son looks so weird in the pic...he was doing some gomer face or something to be funny.
lol.png

Quote:
Meijer grocery stores, any kitchen supply store.

Go to the home suppy store and get a good quality Mexican terra cotta tile (not Chinese - those have lead in them). They cost about $1. I bought 3!

Quote:
Meijer grocery stores, any kitchen supply store.

Go to the home suppy store and get a good quality Mexican terra cotta tile (not Chinese - those have lead in them). They cost about $1. I bought 3!

BRILLIANT! great idea! whodathunkit?

When I see people talking about the expensive ones I want to
he.gif

Be cheap!

We have had the best luck with the mesh pizza pans from the kitchen supply store. They're about $8-12, depending upon the size. We put that on top of the "pizza stone" and get a good result.

CHEAPER BAKING STONE OPTION

I just seen a Food Network show of Alton Brown cooking Pizza he talks about baking stones that you can get at the local Building Supply store. That sells ceramic tiles.

Alton Brown suggests purchasing an "unglazed quarry stone" which, while being rather vague, leads you on the right path. He is talking about what I think are called saltillo tiles, which are approximately 20"x20"x3/4" & red adobe in color. I seen how they sell them at the home depot in the southern california area for $1.50 each (seen a discussion online about Alton Brown & the baking stone). If you get lost, just ask for the saltillo tiles, they'll know what you mean.

Use two of them stacked on top of each other for height & ease of use to cover the bottom the oven (as Alton Brown suggests). Alton Brown also suggest to leave them in the bottom of the stove or bottom stove shelf all the time. (if you have an electric element on the bottom of your stove like me). I guess they'll darken as they age & become even better as time goes on to cook on. I can't wait to check out the local builder's stores to get mine.

Hope this helps, Happy Baking!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom