planting marigolds

Sounds like you got African Marigolds by mistake. They grow to 2-3 feet before flowering. my wife did the same thing a couple years back.

goodpost.gif

I looked at the seed packet and it says "crackerjack". I googled that and it looks like that is also known as African Marigold. Says they get 3' high.
Mine are special
tongue.png

those are big. Didn't remember them being that big when I snipped the flowers last year but I hope mine grow that big. thanks for the pics. I like your raised beds.

Last edited:
WOW, those plants are huge!! You must have some really good soil. I hope to get my garden soil in better shape the next few years. I have been adding organic matter each fall and tilling it in each spring and it seems to be helping.

Thats unreal ! Cracker jacks ? will have to try and find some seeds ............have planted them in past years but they never got anywhere near to that size ! Must be some real good soil !

I didn't have any luck with mine, I may have run over them with the lawnmower, anyway, your's are beautiful.My sister has the green thumb in the family and is always giving me seeds from her flowers, she tells me I plant the marigolds wrong. maybe next year. I found some marigolds growing at the local library, all different colors and sizes, I'm going to pinch some flowers before they dig them up this fall.

I cut all of mine out.

I made sure to remove the tall one in 1 piece to get a measurement on it.

Grand total was 8' 8". That's with the curve in the stem, it probably would have been 9 feet if I pulled it straight.
ep.gif

I have a video, but it won't let me add it.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom