PLAY What breed am I? Rooster contestant pics!

jessiegumby

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 1, 2009
Ketchum Idaho
#1 Goliath is one of our three roosters. We got him last summer. The name we gave him was "Li'l speckled hen". OOOPS!
lol.png
He started growing bigger and bigger. He is about 3 feet tall! He is 2 - 3 times the size of the other chickens. He mates with our hens by walking over the top of them and then squating on them. Any ideas?
33133_goliath_1.jpg

#2 Hawk is a rooster. He is the biggest lover we have. He is people friendly too. Loves to lay on his back and have his belly scratched.
33133_hawk.jpg

#3 Prince Charming is the final roo in our flock. He is very small- think football with a beak. He is very sneaky because if Goliath sees him mating he gets knocked off the hens.
33133_prince_charming.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a Barred Jersey Giant X Turken.

Move over Nugget... we've got Goliath now.

(we just got rid of a leghorn roo named Goliath!)

I was thinking the same thing Mahroni.

The second one looks like an EE and number three is a cochin.

We also have a roo named Goliath. He's the biggest buff orp I've ever seen. I posted a thread about him last week.

Wow! A Barred Jersey Giant X Turken! An EE? What does that stand for? And a cochin! Hmmm, we have had chickens for about 8 years now and I really havent been to concerned about what they are. Since finding this site it is driving me crazy not knowing. What else can you tell me?

Last edited:
EE=Easter egger. Females can lay green, brown, pink, and sometimes (rarely), blue eggs. Basically they are somehow related to the Araucana (lays blue eggs) but are not full. So, they are related to those and can be related to any other breed breed as well, which makes them a mix. (In short, EEs are mixes.) People hate when other people call EEs Araucanas because they are NOT the same thing. EEs can lay all sorts of colored eggs depending on who the other parent was. What a cutie you have there!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom