Playhouse to Coop Makeover

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lhutch78, Nov 18, 2012.

1. lhutch78

lhutch78 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2012
    South Georgia, USA
    My dad built my daughters' a playhouse and they never seemed interested in playing in it, so when we made the move to the country & wanted a backyard free range flock, we decided to convert the playhouse into a coop.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

We have used our coop since we got our girls & guys since September. Although it is functional, there was just something that I just did not like about it. Today I got the idea & free time to give it a makeover & I loved the results. Now to my husband's relief, I am completely satisfied with my coop.

AFTER
    [​IMG]

Yes, I know nothing has really changed, but the color just makes it pop & makes my heart happy. :)

2. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    [​IMG]Love it!!!! great idea!

3. lhutch78

Sep 5, 2012
    South Georgia, USA
    Thanks! We had a fun day. :)

4. Can you post pics of the interior?

5. lhutch78

Sep 5, 2012
    South Georgia, USA
    Sure! It is dark here now but check back tomorrow and I will have you some. :)

6. Lupa Duende

Lupa Duende Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2012
    red is my favourite colour
    what did you make the window awning from?

7. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    That is really nice, actually it was really nice before lol but i agree the paint helps make it pop! Er, the door... do you have predators? it looks like a fairly lightweight wire perhaps, it's not just wanted to mention as i'd hate to see anything get in there. [​IMG]

8. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    I love the little bench [​IMG] I have a bench right by my coop door too but I have to wash it all the time because they poop all over it [​IMG]

9. lhutch78

Sep 5, 2012
    South Georgia, USA
    Going Quackers........ The coop is also inside a fence that you cannot really see. The wire is heavy duty and doubled. It has wire on both sides of the door. Inside & out. Hard to tell from the pick.

Thanks for the worry. :)

10. lhutch78

Sep 5, 2012
    South Georgia, USA
    I found the bench in my mother's attic last weekend while I was looking for a box of poultry awards I had won in high school. :) The plaques were going to be part of my coop makeover. I bought the bench in 2003 when I was pregnant with my daughter at an awesome arts & craft show in Smithville ,TN. I knew they would ruin it but thought it looked cute anyway. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by