Please dont tell me my fave. girl is a boy...

sixxchixx

Songster
13 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Escondido, CA
Meet Hathor (the Egyptian Goddess of MOTHERHOOD)
She is about 8-9 weeks old and probably the sweetest chick we have. she loves being picked up and scratched.
Lately, she has been picking on 2 of my other 4 chicks (all the same age) They have more than enough room to play and explore.
The last 2 days I have caught her biting the neck/face of my other chicks (about four times). Is this boy behavior or are they starting to establish a pecking order thing? She doesnt crow (hardly anything more than a baby "peep)

chickkens021.jpg

chickkens033.jpg

chickkens047.jpg

Well one thing I can say either way this is going to be one large chicken. Either boy or girl this is going to be a very beautiful chicken as well as being pretty large. . The legs look to big for a girl, but the comb just doesn't quite look rooish to me. But forgive me if I am wrong. I call all of mine girls and so far have only had one girl this year.

Last edited:
I'm pretty new too but my guess would be roo. That comb is pretty red and the tail feathers are more pointed than what I've seen in my pullets. But don't go throwing him in freezer yet! Wait for him to crow
wink.png

And
welcome-byc.gif
. You're in my neck of the woods
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom