Please Give Me the Low-Down on Fart/Fairy Eggs

WP, it worked! Apparently I was a little whimpy with my application of blue food coloring, but here’s today’s harvest. Millie appears to have laid a normal egg.

And just for kicks, I’m posting a video of her in my neighbor’s yard right now. Doesn’t she look like a healthy, happy chicken? :)
5127D239-CB23-4DAA-98A7-D4D24E4D5448.jpeg

WP, it worked! Apparently I was a little whimpy with my application of blue food coloring, but here’s today’s harvest. Millie appears to have laid a normal egg.

And just for kicks, I’m posting a video of her in my neighbor’s yard right now. Doesn’t she look like a healthy, happy chicken? :)
View attachment 1355283

She is beautiful!

That's a perfect application for checking eggs! All you want is the blue to show up for a few days, then move on to the next girl if you need too.
All your eggs look very nice to me:)

WP, today’s eggs. I don’t know *for sure* the big one is Bagheera’s, but I’m almost totally sure. I think the lower mystery egg is a Wyandotte. Do they typically lay torpedos? Looked at Millie’s vent and it’s hilariously blue all around it.
Moderators... please feel free to move this out of emergencies and to somewhere more appropriate like egg laying behavior. Thanks!

Edited to add: I don’t know why I keep typing WP instead of WR. That’s what’s in my head. :p
31BAB6BA-FCAD-4104-8B0B-CDB59FF6DF96.jpeg

Last edited:
Each hen has her own "laying style". My Wyandottes always laid a traditional "normal" looking egg, so that is just they way your girl lays her eggs.

I have a WPR that lays torpedoes, everybody else is pretty "normal".

No. Maybe Buttercup, but it was kind of a low egg weekend, so hard to know. It was not in a nesting spot. Yesterday was a pretty big egg day. One looks like Buttercups and is the biggest egg. Normally hers are in the middle size-wise. I’m not feeling great and am taking a sick day today, so I willl sit with them for a bit once I drive the kids down the hill to school. The kitchen scale I bought for them is way too small, so I may do the old fashioned way of weighing myself, picking up a chicken, and weighing again. Bridge and Ruby need their burrs washed, too, and it’s supposed to be a warm day, so I plan to take care of that, as well.

No. Maybe Buttercup, but it was kind of a low egg weekend, so hard to know. It was not in a nesting spot. Yesterday was a pretty big egg day. One looks like Buttercups and is the biggest egg. Normally hers are in the middle size-wise. I’m not feeling great and am taking a sick day today, so I willl sit with them for a bit today once I drive the kids down the hill.

Back
Top Bottom