PLEASE HELP!? 3wk old pullets!

mmack3685

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Indianola, Iowa
I have these 3 week old pullets and have no idea what breed they are. Got them from my local Theisens which gets their pullets from Hoovers Hatchery in Iowa... can someone please give me ideas on what breed they could be? Thanks!! :)

Thank you so much!! :) I'm going to show them when they are older... I had 5 Rhode Island Reds and they were just over a month old but a dog got ahold of them.. they were beautiful! Anyways, thanks again!

Yeah it was a bad week after that.. and they were my first time owning chickens so I was pretty attached but now I have these guys! Lol

Thank you so much!!
smile.png
I'm going to show them when they are older... I had 5 Rhode Island Reds and they were just over a month old but a dog got ahold of them.. they were beautiful! Anyways, thanks again!

Are you planning on showing in poultry shows or through organizations like 4-H (not sure how old you are)? Only asking as if you are really wanting to get into the poultry show side of things you are going to want to source yourself some nice show quality stock from a breeder vs. using hatchery quality birds (this actually also applies to some areas for even 4-H depending on location). Don't get me wrong - there is nothing wrong with nice hatchery quality birds, but poultry shows are judged against the respective SOP (Standard of Perfection) for each breed and hatchery birds don't generally fit that well at all.

I'm 14 and I'm going to show in the Warren Country 4-H in Iowa.. I'm going to try it next summer when the chickens are older and I've had more experience with them. :)

Good luck with your birds next year at fair - having grown up in 4-H and now having two kids of my own that are active members (gah, I feel so old saying that, lol) I know what fun it can be! Since you are looking to show next year, I'd make a point to start now finding a mentor in the 4-H kids this year and going to the show this year, etc (unless you've already thought of/done that)

Back
Top Bottom